It happened before....and it's happening again

Options
I was told it might be a good idea to slowly introduce wheat into my diet.

I am in the midst of an oncoming migraine.

This is what happened to me before, when I had not figured out I was sensitive to wheat. Ugh.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Who told you to reintroduce wheat into your diet unless you were on an elimination diet for allergy testing? If you are celiac, ANY gluten will harm your gut and can increase your chances of cancer and other serious diseases. Even if you don't feel too bad after a little bit - damage is happening. If you get migraines, stop. Many people around the world live just fine without wheat - it is not necessary to life.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I went gluten free for diet and lost loads initially but then weight piled back on regardless of being gluten free.

I noticed the bread has more calories than weight watchers bread so switched back to regular white bread and it wiped me out..felt really sleepy and fell asleep for about 3 hrs in afternoon. It also took me a while to wake up properly...but there was a difference of about 50 off calories per slice and regular bread is much cheaper (under a £1 and get a larger loaf than the one costing £2.50 for gluten free) as I'm also on a tighter budget. I try and restrict bread to a treat once or twice a week ..having cheese or beans on toast mid week and sausage or bacon sandwich at the weekend.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Who told you to reintroduce wheat? The only reason you'd reintroduce gluten is if you were doing an elimination diet to determine if that is what is causing your health problems. Judging by your response to re-introducing it, I'd take that as an indication that gluten IS causing your problems and you've determined the cause. Which, in theory, would mean that you can now safely eliminate it... for good!
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Instead of bread, why not go for gluten free wraps? wraps are less calories than bread and more versatile in many ways.

If you have an Aldi's by you, they have a new line of GF food that ROCK! AND they are MUCH cheaper than name brand GF stuff- my husband complains when I buy the name brand stuff anymore.