Options
Hi everyone
This is Raja' I was sleeved in June 5th 2014, finished my 7 weeks with a 40 pound loss so far, however my last two weeks were so slow.
I am from Jordan we don't have as much care post op here so basically the patients are on their own that's why I decided to join this website coz I really need help I just started taking protein shake once daily and I'm trying to exercise regularly.
Wish me luck :)

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello Raja'! If your surgeon's office isn't giving you much direction, my suggestion is connect to some friends here who are around the same amount of time out from surgery and look at their food logs for suggestions on what you should be eating. If the person is losing consistently, you can mimic their plan (food, calories, protein levels, etc.). I am 3 years out, so way beyond where you are, not to goal yet, but still working the plan and getting there, pound by pound.

Good luck! This isn't an easy journey, but it is well worth while.

Pat
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The first few months are the most dramatic for weight-loss, just keep drinking fluids and keep getting your protein. My doc recommended 75g/day for me, but noted their standard recommendation is 60-80g/day. Good luck!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hi Raja, Welcome to the group. This is a great forum to be a part of. There is so much support on here. :smile:
    I'm in Canada and my surgery won't be for another 2 or 3 months. I enjoy meeting people all over the world.
    Although I'm not where you are post-op, feel free to friend me.
    Take good care of yourself and have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • rorisleeved
    Options
    thanx a million :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You have had an amazing loss. But probably going forward you will notice the huge slow down. You aren't carrying those 40 extra lbs with every step. From here on out you will probably notice a succession of stalls and your weight going up...yes, I said up and down. Even when you did nothing different as your fat to muscle ratio shifts and changes. If you keep active and follow your nutrition and calorie guidelines you will lose but nothing like those first weeks where the scale moved almost every day. The most important thing to remember is to not get discouraged. This is a forever lifestyle so there is no rush. You are doing fabulous!
  • elifusa
    elifusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Selam Raja,

Ramadan Mumarek! Ahlain wah Sahlain.

Welcome, you are doing great, I am slated for my surgery in the next month. I've been to several support groups here in the states and mostly it's keep up with your water, keep up with the protein, there will be stalls in weight loss, but just trust in the process.

Warm thoughts to you!

Elif
  • kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Raja! I had my sleeve done June 6th. My doctor/nutritionist recommends for me 100 oz of fluid daily, and 75-96 grams of protein every day. Now until the 6 month mark, I am to eat 3 oz of protein with each meal, and then supplement the rest with shakes. If you could at least walk 20 every day, that would be a good start on exercise. And take your vitamins and minerals!