Sweet tooth in the evenings

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
Hi, I am a diabetic Keto-er. I am doing real well on this way of eating, except for one small problem. I like to have something sweet and soothing in the evening before bed. I was eating the Breyer's Carb Smart Ice Cream, till I found out that it is actually 13 carbs, not 4, and all the sugar alcohols spike my blood sugar. I need to get the stuff for more fat bombs, but have to wait till payday. What I have at home to make things with are Heavy cream, sugar free caramel syrup, butter, shredded unsweetened coconut, extracts(few) about a tablespoon left of coconut oil, and cream cheese. Oh yeah and stevia. Any ideas?

Replies

• amandarsmiles
    Options
    Hi, I think that you should melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the coconut shreds, add the caramel flavor, add the remaining coconut oil and then pour into little cupcake papers or candy mold about two tablespoons each, but first taste the mixture to verify that it is "butter-toffee" flavored enough for you. If you have any unsweetened cocoa powder you could make the recipe without the caramel but with the stevia and coconut. I usually don't use cream cheese or heavy cream in my fat bombs.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think that you should melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the coconut shreds, add the caramel flavor, add the remaining coconut oil and then pour into little cupcake papers or candy mold about two tablespoons each, but first taste the mixture to verify that it is "butter-toffee" flavored enough for you. If you have any unsweetened cocoa powder you could make the recipe without the caramel but with the stevia and coconut. I usually don't use cream cheese or heavy cream in my fat bombs.
    Oh thanks!! This sounds good!
  • tristatepets
    tristatepets Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And if you haven't looked into them, Walden Farms is a brand of foods that are almost all 0 calories, 0 sugar, 0 carbs. They have a caramel sauce (which I think tastes more like butterscotch), a chocolate syrup (which tastes more like cocoa or dark chocolate), and a marshmallow fluff which is really good to dip strawberries and raspberries in.

I found these at my local Wal-Mart and the other big grocery store in my area, Woodman's. Their salad dressings are excellent and then you don't waste your calories on dressing.