Non-Topic Updates

Options

Replies

• acpeters07
    acpeters07 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! My sister and I are less than two years apart and got along great, so I assumed I would want to have mine close too... but that's not how it worked out. Mine will be about 7 years apart, but now I'm so glad it happened that way! My daughter is super excited to be a big sister and help out once her little brother comes along. So really I think there's no perfect plan, but we just work with what we get and find the blessings in whatever situation we find ourselves in!
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Gender scan tomorrow! Super excited to find out for sure if it's a girl! :drinker:
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    35 weeeeks! I only need one hand to count the weeks! :):)
    I have a rash on my booty and back of my thighs. Hormones.
  • kalyrra
    Options
    well, no gender scan today. Got to the hospital, checked in... and they cancelled the ultrasound. Apparently because we had one last week (due to the spina bifida testing) we weren't getting this one. They just failed to tell us that. :mad: Waste of time.

So, we have to go off the doctor's guess from last week that he's fairly sure it's a girl. I didn't want "fairly sure", I wanted to know FOR sure! So... I guess we'll just assume he's right, it's a girl - and be completely surprised in October if it's not. :laugh:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wouldn't like that at all.
    I have to see it to believe it and I HAVE to know! lol
  • kalyrra
    Options
    Well, after a month of going back and forth on it... hubby and I decided to go get a 3D scan done. It's cheaper than getting a private scan at the hospital, and we REALLY want to know for sure the gender of the baby! I'm tired of everybody asking! :laugh:
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Can't wait to hear your update! We decided not to find out the gender, and it's killing me! October can't get here soon enough!
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this thread. I am 13 weeks and can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl. My mom asked me when I was 6 weeks pregnant what I was having. I had to laugh and explain to her technology hasn't changed that much and I won't know for a while. We have 2 girls already and everyone seems to be hoping this baby will be a boy. I am happy either way. I feel like if I say I want a boy it's like saying I don't want a girl. Though there is a little pressure, as my husband is the last male in his line so if we don't have a boy his last name ends with him :blushing:
  • katebrog
    katebrog Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awh, my husband is the last in his family to carry the name as well! I think he was secretly hoping for a little boy, but we're having a little girl! This is our first, so I'm sure we will give it another try or two! Hope your gender reveal goes well!! :happy:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    12 weeks today, so almost out of the first trimester. I'm already feeling loads better than I did a few weeks ago. Doing prenatal workouts 2-3X week. Still watching what I eat somewhat. Gained 3-4lbs thus far, which I'm happy about. Got my ultrasound done on Tuesday & baby looks beautiful! He/she was sucking their thumb & kicking the whole time! My daughter (3 yrs old) is finally understanding that theirs a baby in mommy's tummy. She's so stinking cute :)

How are all you ladies doing?
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    36 weeks yesterday and still feeling pretty great. Although, I did hit a pregnancy "wall" about a week ago. As much as I have truly loved being pregnant (and had an amazing pregnancy without any sickness or symptoms), I am just ready to not be pregnant any more. I am excited and eager to meet my little guy and want 40 weeks to be here tomorrow! While I am still jogging and lifting weights at the gym regularly, things just started to get a little tedious for me; I miss just being able to jump out of bed or off of the couch =) Has anyone else hit the pregnancy "wall"??
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    redredfox - I'm only 20 weeks (on Sunday) and I don't know whether it was the same sort of wall but couple of weeks ago when I was experiencing so much back pain I was pleading not to be pregnant! This is probably not the same wall that you are feeling but I have had similar feelings and I fully expect to feel them again further down the line. But for now, with the help of an osteopath I'm feeling pretty good about life!

Alex - glad the ultrasound went ok. Are you going to find out gender further down the line or leave it as a he/she surprise?
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My husband took my 3 year old a trip, and I don't even know what to do without them. Its kind of pathetic. I'm starting to run out of projects for myself. Its nice to get to just relax, but it takes some getting used to as well. ;)

I'm just about 33.5 weeks pregnant, and I'm finally starting to feel like this will end at some point. I've only gained 17lbs, which I'm pretty happy with, but I was looking at family pictures all day today and am really disappointed at how much weight I let myself gain AFTER the birth of my daughter. When she was born I was all over losing the weight, lost it all within 6 months, and maintained for about a year. Then I gained about 15lbs, and I just want it OFF.

In happier news I'm going to go out and finish baby shopping tomorrow! Hahahaha I love baby stuff shopping!
  • kalyrra
    Options
    redredfox - I totally know the "wall" you're talking about! I hit that wall with my son around 34 weeks. While I loved being pregnant, by that point I was just over it. :ohwell: The funny thing is, when my water broke at 37 +5, and I was headed to the hospital to have him, I had a "No! I'm not ready yet!" moment! :laugh:

I'm actually kind of over it this time around. Not because I'm miserable or anything, I'm just ready to not be pregnant anymore. But I can handle it for awhile.... I'm sure that wall will probably get hit sometime around the same 30-34 week period!

We had a 3D scan done last night, and that was kind of neat. Got to see little one moving around, feet up above the head... did NOT like those feet being touched! Just like mommy... lol

I think we're going to do some gender reveal pictures tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post those when they're done! :heart:
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wondering when the extreme hunger/cravings will kick in. At 18 weeks pregnant I am still a couple lbs below pre-pregnancy weight, and I have to remind myself to eat. I rarely feel hungry :/ Also I haven't felt the baby move.....I don't think (random bubbles/gurgles/gas). Actually, I don't really feel pregnant at all anymore, minus my belly at least looks like it's growing. My 16 week ultrasound went ok, it's a girl and her heart beat was 158, but she didn't want to move a whole lot even when poked. Though she did move her arms in response a little. Ugh, I am beyond anxious for my 20 week scan :frown:
  • kalyrra
    Options
    We're having a GIRL!!! :heart: That means we'll be a perfectly balanced family of four. hehe :laugh:
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    We're having a GIRL!!! :heart: That means we'll be a perfectly balanced family of four. hehe :laugh:

Congrats! When are you due?
  • kalyrra
    Options

Congrats! When are you due?

Due date is October 24th. My son was born at 37+5, though, so I'm not putting too much stock in my due date! We should have found gender out 6 weeks ago, but our scan was cancelled. So we finally just got a private one done.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    redredfox - I'm only 20 weeks (on Sunday) and I don't know whether it was the same sort of wall but couple of weeks ago when I was experiencing so much back pain I was pleading not to be pregnant! This is probably not the same wall that you are feeling but I have had similar feelings and I fully expect to feel them again further down the line. But for now, with the help of an osteopath I'm feeling pretty good about life!

Alex - glad the ultrasound went ok. Are you going to find out gender further down the line or leave it as a he/she surprise?

I def want to find out the gender! :) the suspense would kill me lol
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    So we had the 20 week scan today and after weeks of sitting on the fence we finally fell on the side of finding out the gender. And we are having a boy - not at all what I was expecting but very exciting and has given this whole experience a further degree of reality! The lady doing the scan had a devil of a job moving him around to to see things and get measurements - it seemed as though he had found a comfortable position and wasn't moving for anyone! Mind you, after experiencing a movement from him this morning that actually showed my stomach move, he may simply have exhausted himself! Really weird to be describing as a 'him' - makes it feel more like a person than an 'it' in my stomach!