Hello everyone...

Options
Hi, my name is Andrea. I am 43 and live in Indiana with my husband and our 3 children. I joined this group because I am the queen of emotional eating. I have been working really hard this past week, and I'm feeling pretty good about my progress so far. Hope to meet some nice people for accountability and support. Hope everyone has a very nice weekend.

Replies

• Notlikethisanymore
    Options
    Hello,
    I am very good at emotional eating as well. It sucks! It's the reason why I have been bouncing back and forth between the same 5 pounds. I really want to lose 14 pounds. Add me if you would like. :)
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Andrea.
    There's so much helpful info around MFP.
    All the best with your journey!:bigsmile:
  • Gpistons
    Gpistons Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI there, Im suffering with depression, and sometimes im convinced I use that as an excuse, I get sad, mad cry like i have niagra falls in my eyes, angry to the point i hate everyone, and then ill calm down cus ive decided.. Ill show u all... Im gonna eat these 4 bars of chocolate and these 2 cakes.. that will pee u alllll off.... so i eat it all, telling myself, ha, ill show them, It only hurts me... no one even knows i do it, cus once ive stopped or finished all the food, i then feel angry at myself, as well as fatter, and then too embarrassed to tell my BF... whos a fittness freak .. kinda why it would pee him off, ... i only did this a few days ago.... i dont know why i do it, and at the time it makes perfect sense to me,

BTW hi everyone, :)
  • homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea. I sent you a friend request. This forum is really amazing. It helped me to overcome my emotional eating issues. I try to be a good source of support for others who have the same problems as I did. Even though I no longer emotional eat, I know that it is something that will always live inside me and I work pretty hard to make sure that I never go back to that way of living (or should I say DYING?!) again.
  • chelbell95
    chelbell95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am Michelle and I new to the group...... My emotional eating has caused nothing but problems since I am also a diabetic. It's time to get all this under control and I am hoping to do it one day at a time!! My husband and I are on different schedules work wise so time spent alone can also lead to disaster. It's been a good week and feeling good about tomorrow and moving forward....walking and gym time on the agenda!! Support is always appreciated!!!!
  • sharonavis14
    sharonavis14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP and have really enjoyed reading the posts. Calorie tracker has helped me a lot. However, if I go over my 1,200, I think that I might as well just eat more! Don't know what to do about that. I can't seem to stop. I should do a lot of things to distract myself, but just don't. I'm trying to lose weight because I'm pre-diabetic so it's a must... I've been doing really good on exercise and calories but then I go bananas! I guess I'll try writing when these cravings come on. Wish me luck!