Gyms in Toronto

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Gym memberships are only a waste of money if you don't actually use it. I use the weights and cardio equipment every single day at my gym, plus I go to at least 3 classes a week (if not more) on top of that. All classes are included in my membership and my gym has a fairly descent selection. With spin classes and yoga classes often being $15-$20 PER CLASS, it's simply cheaper for me to belong to my gym! So perhaps they're a waste of money for you, but you don't know how other people use them, so maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental.
  • gloriousmud
    gloriousmud Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Lynn,

I definitely did not intend to come off as judgmental. And you're totally right in that some people truly get their $$ worth out of their gym membership.

What I meant was, that for those with tight budgets, or who are concerned with the price of many gyms, it can be beneficial to explore free exercise routines (running, biking, at-home workouts, etc) before looking at a gym membership.

I see how my original comment came off as a bit "holier than thou", and I apologize, that was not my intention.
  • iconrunner
    iconrunner Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Totum Life Science at King/Spadina.

Tried the gym out with a Groupon and knew from day one that this would be my new gym

Excellent selection of classes with teachers who work to ensure that everyone in the class is getting a good workout.

Excellent health care practitioners on site as well; RMT's, chiropractors etc.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming

They have a one-week free trial that is definitely worth checking out!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just started going to CrossfitTO.. Its not your traditional Gym... but I love it!

www.crossfitto.com
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    HI MFP friends....I have been living in fitness gyms since I was 14 and still respect and value the fitness and gym industry.
    I gyms never make their profit from guys like me since I visit the gym daily ..lol. but make it from the 80% that do not. :)
    Presently using FIT$LESS and LA FITNESS in scarborough.
    Anyone interested in a MFP MEETUP group in toronto,
    Please let me if anyone is interested and feedback.