What Motivates You?

Options
mrsmorecambe
mrsmorecambe Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone

My motivation is bad - but to help I try the following:

Thinking of myself wearing lovely clothes while on hols
my health
been able let someone take my photo without hiding and being able to look at it when I am home!
being good now means I can indulge on hols!
Being able to ride Gringotts and not getting turned away in the queue...:blushing:

Be great to hear your motivation tips to keep me going!

x

Replies

• moss1989
    moss1989 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a PE teacher and I feel that I need to show a good image to my pupils so that helps to motivate me although I am currently out of work so lacking this motivation. I now motivate myself by setting short term goals, so for example its my cousins wedding in 4 weeks and so I have set a weekly goal in order to feel fab for the wedding. I bought a dress that was a size too small so my motivation was to fit into that but I achieved that already so needed a new goal.
  • rpbarbiedoll
    rpbarbiedoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I first started on a healthy eating kick in January and in order to stay motivated I tried to change the way that I think about food. I don't see myself as being 'on a diet' , I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. I've dropped two dress sizes and threw out my 'big' clothes. I have the occasional bad day, but I try not to omit foods completely . I just eat smaller portions instead. We just got back from wdw last Saturday and I treated myself to some lovely new clothes while we were away. Having nice new things to wear keeps me on track too. If you find an exercise that you really like to do and that will make you feel good and keep you motivated.

Rachel :)
  • gemheath2010
    gemheath2010 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well when I first started I had wanting to lose weight, and feel good in my clothes etc as motivations. Then as things progressed I found that this started to change, and it became more about wanting to be able to eat as much as I possibly can whilst losing weight. Avoiding the scales like the plague, and being generally strong and healthy. I feel like I'm in this for the long haul, and this is how I intend to eat for the rest of my life.
  • gaenor1970
    Options
    I'm doing it with 2 other girls I sit with at work, one has a lot to lose like me, the other looks gorgeous as she is but thinks she's fat, so we've got each other to face every day if the scales go up instead of down.

I'm also determined one day to actually like a holiday picture taken of me, instead of only sharing the scenic ones!
  • mrsmorecambe
    Options
    Hi everyone - thanks for the replies.

Mossy (if I may call you that?) - sorry to hear about your work situ. But great news about the dress and needing a new goal - you have done so well. Do you need another new smaller dress for the wedding?

Rachel - that's what I am trying to do - think of it in a different way not a 'diet'. Well done on dropping two dress sizes - did you feel different in WDW?

Gem - that's really interesting that you avoid the scales. I might try that. Well done on your 14 pounds - that's brill :-)

Gaenor - wish I had someone at work to do that with - must really help seeing them every day. Well done on your weight loss too.

Reading your replies and being on here is spurring me on. Had some bad news on Wed as I am being made redundant (again) end of next month. Of course, what do I want to do - eat!!! Managed somehow not too. I always think this hot weather will take away or lessen my appetitie - but it doesn't!

I do hope you are all having good weeks :-)
    PS I am new to MFP so not sure how to multiquote?
  • gemheath2010
    gemheath2010 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Mossy (if I may call you that?) - sorry to hear about your work situ. But great news about the dress and needing a new goal - you have done so well. Do you need another new smaller dress for the wedding?

Rachel - that's what I am trying to do - think of it in a different way not a 'diet'. Well done on dropping two dress sizes - did you feel different in WDW?

Gem - that's really interesting that you avoid the scales. I might try that. Well done on your 14 pounds - that's brill :-)

Gaenor - wish I had someone at work to do that with - must really help seeing them every day. Well done on your weight loss too.

Reading your replies and being on here is spurring me on. Had some bad news on Wed as I am being made redundant (again) end of next month. Of course, what do I want to do - eat!!! Managed somehow not too. I always think this hot weather will take away or lessen my appetitie - but it doesn't!

Oh no that must be just so stressful!! Avoid the scales I think has been the best thing I could do. I found that I was weighing myself everyday, and was finding it just so demotivating when it wasn't moving like I felt it should. I found myself starting to want to just eat everything cos what's the point right?? But by avoiding the scales I don't feel like this which is great. Not saying it's easy though, considering hiding the scales altogether lol.
  • mrsmorecambe
    Options
    Hey Gem - I am sort of doing half weighy but not really - if you know what I mean lol. Not weighing every day but keeping an eye on it. I am tempted to shove scales right under the bed and just judge by my clothes. How do you keep track of what you have lost?

Yes very stressful - really trying to not binge eat as I will feel even worse if I do that on top of being made redundant.

Have you had a good week?

For me food wise 8/10. Excercise wise 2/10. I blame the heat!

MrsM
  • tspence292
    Options
    I am fed up of feeling tired and unhealthy, I am also tired of avoiding photos and not buying nice clothes as I don't like how I look. I have been saying for a long time that I need to do something and now I finally have. Now have to keep going.
  • rpbarbiedoll
    rpbarbiedoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I felt totally different- I was really good while we were away and even took my measuring scales to wdw( how sad am I) I didn't work this hard to put the weight back on again so I wanted to be careful. I had a healthy lunch and breakfast everyday but usually a bad/treat dinner. We did so much walking that it cancelled out the treats I think. Being able to go shopping and know that most things will fit me was such a buzz.

I'm sorry to hear about your job- that's awful. Hopefully it won't take too long to find something else. I got made redundant a few years ago so I know how it feels. Try not to let it get you down. Good luck finding something new.

Rachel :)
  • mickandmin
    mickandmin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My motivation is seeing the scales going down, feeling much healthier and fitter, fitting in to nice clothes, positive comments and being slimmer for my holidays. Do still have off days but get back to it the next day.
  • picklesauce
    picklesauce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    right now, my motivation is disney themed.. I saw the horrific photos from our last trip. Photopass made me hate myself, and everything. I then compared them to my first, second, etc. photopass pics. so so sad. We're going in September, and I thought.. I don't want to buy photopass. Ugh. My kids need this, they need to see Mom enjoying life, being in the picture. If I skip a whole year of photos because I hate myself, they lose a year of their life, their childhood. Unfair, not ok.