NewBie....

Options
Hey everyone,

I have been on this journey a long time, and I'm just getting the hang of this. I am morbidly obese, but I am mobile. I have my Leslie Sanson DVD's but I can't seem to get 5 minutes into the one mile walk...HELP!!!

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hi. It is hard to get started and keep going. Which DVDs are you using? Some of them are more advanced than others, and may not be the prefect fit for you right now. But don't get discouraged! If you can do 5 minutes, do it!! In a couple of days, challenge yourself to six. And then 7... Before long, you'll be a superwalker! You can do it; you really can. Best wishes!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hi SlowJuice-Seriously, do not worry about that OK? We all started somewhere and if you have to stop after 5 minutes, that is OK! Leslie says this all the time. You do not have to do everything perfectly or all the way through. I was also morbidly obese when I began and I started with the 1 mile Exercise TV video that is on YouTube. Once I could get through that one, (and it took a while) I moved up to the 2 mile Exercise TV video on YouTube. Start small and work your way up as your body adjusts. You will be surprised at how quickly your stamina will increase as you get more physically fit. We do not get morbidly obese overnight and we cannot get fit overnight either. One day, one minute, one mile at a time is the way to health and fitness so Walk Strong SlowJuice! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome Slowjuice,

As zichab and Dorothy said, the take home message is do what you can and increase your time slowly. It will work. When I started out with workout dvd's I couldn't believe that the warmup wasn't the part of the workout it was so difficult. I was PROUD when I finally got through that, haha! So hang in there. Every time you do it, it will get a little easier and soon you get to the end of the mile and think "Wow, that went by so fast."

Good luck and hang out here with us in the Leslie Group. Lot's of topics with good info and friendly people that are supportive here. :flowerforyou:

P.S., Just peeked at your profile. 32 lbs down!!! Awesome work. You are well on your way to good health. :smile:
  • SlowJuice
    SlowJuice Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

Right now I am doing the Richard Simmons DVD's since I like music and dancing. LOL:laugh:
  • SlowJuice
    Options
    THANK U SOOO MUCH!! I WILL KEEP MOVING...I HAVE TO!!:flowerforyou:
  • SlowJuice
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement...I lost 8 more pounds so its 40 pounds now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement...I lost 8 more pounds so its 40 pounds now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Slowjuice!
    That is awesome. Keep doing what you are doing-it is working!!!! :smile: