2nd NUT appt-the scale did WHAT?

Options
weeziebeth
weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
I had my 2nd appointment with the nutritionist Friday and I’m down 13 lbs in the last month. To be honest, I don’t believe the scale-don’t see how I’ve lost that much. Anyway, after the last month of moderately low-carb eating (admittedly I didn’t commit whole hog to the low carb plan but am easing into it) I’m thinking this whole think could be do-able.

Still working my way through the process-went to my practice’s monthly support group earlier this month and was encouraged by everyone’s journey-good, bad, and ugly. I’m trying to be completely and wholly honest with myself about what my own particular challenges are going to be, and facing them head-on. Meet with the psychologist next Saturday and looking for a therapist for myself as I think its likely that I have plenty to address regarding my relationship with food.

Replies

• katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I found it surprisingly easy to follow the high protein, lower carb plan. Don't discount the progress, embrace it! Follow the plan pre op and hopefully it will make post op easer. That's my hope, at least!

Rob
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    When I dropped wheat, rice, potato and corn meal I stopped thinking about food constantly. I felt fuller longer by eating more protein and fat. The high glycemic carbs cause the stomach to dump quickly and blood sugar to spike resulting in increased hunger. I continue to go to support group, it really helps. Great loss!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your huge drop in weight in the last month by lowering your carbs. What a pleasant surprise. :flowerforyou:
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    Your doing so well. I am in awe of your pre op attitude. I only met my requirements when I had to during the pre liquid diet. I admire how much effort you are putting in to get ready. :-D
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs during my pre-op stage! I was shocked too :) I even contemplated NOT doing the surgery for a little bit, but ultimately I just *knew* it was right for me- and it truly was. It made my journey not overwhelming and now I'm happy AND healthy!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Great report! You are doing all the right things! Good luck with the surgery and I look forward to watching your progress to a smaller, healthier you!

Pat