late night studying---> late night eating

Options
xtinydancerxx
xtinydancerxx Posts: 13 Member
Hello! I am entering as a sophomore and am determined to stay healthy and on track. For many, the freshman weight is from alcohol. I am quite good at alcohol in moderation, and my weight gain came from needing another meal at around 2 or 3 am when I would finish studying on weekdays (sometimes weekend nights). And with the easiest options being a vending machine or fast food place, it was not good. Does anyone have advice on what could be done differently? I will not have a kitchen, only a dorm room with a fridge and a microwave on my floor in the common room. Some ideas I have are keeping frozen peas, carrot sticks. Any other ideas?

I know I should also try to have a regular sleep schedule, but a combination of hard sciences/dance class-rehearsals/being an on-call EMT there just isn't a lot of time in the day.

Any advice would be super welcome!! :)

Replies

• hzm0016
    hzm0016 Posts: 15
    Options
    Maybe try eating a really filling dinner (grilled chicken, spinach salad, high fiber bread) , and splitting dinner up into 2 meals. Wrap half a sandwich or put half your salad in tupperware and bring it with you to study.