July's Challenges-Lets Get Started

Options
Lets get started!

If you haven't done so already, go check out the group's spreadsheet for tracking our progress. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18JurJwmwywtStt5wjaBhm1nXXy-8ovF_j3znzc47v84/edit#gid=0

I have added most of the group members to the spreadsheet, if you do not see your name, simply add it in to each sheet. You may highlight, change the text color and so on to your username and progress areas to make it easier to find your name. The members are not in alphabetical order. Please do not change this. Doing so will have users matching up with the wrong numbers and I do not know how to fix this.

Go into the "Group Goals" tab and enter your starting information and your goal weight. You can also add your weight to the July tab or just wait until tomorrow when the challenge officially begins. You will notice that once you add your first weight in each month, that it will say you lost your entire body's weight. This is ONLY because I have already entered in the codes to automatically do the math for us. It will fix itself after the 2nd weigh in to show your actual weight loss.

I have added a "Points System" for anybody interested. It is not required. It's just a little added competition for those of you who like to compete. The "Points System" is a way to track how dedicated you are to completing the daily challenges (which will ALWAYS be posted the night before they start). Here's how you earn points (if you choose to do so):

You will receive 1 point each day you complete the daily challenges. If for some reason there are two challenges for that day, you will receive 1 point for each challenge (a total of 2 daily).

You will receive 5 points each day you do NOT go over your calorie goal and stay out of "the red" zone.

You will LOSE 5 points each day you go over your calorie goal by 100 calories or more.

July 18th starts our first set of challenges. These challenges will run from the 18th thru the 31st. The first official weigh in will be on July 18th, the next will be on the 25th. I also added a weigh in on the 31st so that we have an official complete weight for July. It is one day sooner than most of the other weigh ins because of how the month falls and the fact that we are starting earlier that originally planned.

July's Challenges:

Monthly (From July 18th thru July 31st)

Nutritional Challenge: This month, it's ALL about PROTEIN. I want you to aim to hit or go above your daily protein requirements. Why protein? Check this out http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/how_protein_helps_weight_loss/

Fitness Challenge: 1 Mile Each Day. I don't care if you walk, run, skip, or swim. Get your body moving at least a mile each day. For those of you who already do at least a mile, how about ADDING a mile on top of what you are already doing. The benefits of exercise http://www.webmd.com/diet/exercise-weight-control

July 18th DAILY challenge: Sodium is a killer. Today, lets keep a very close eye on our sodium intake. The recommended Sodium intake should be between 1600mg and 2300mg daily. Try to stay within that range. Here's a little more information about Sodium http://www.cdc.gov/salt/pdfs/sodium_dietary_guidelines.pdf

You will ALWAYS see a link with the challenges. You don't have to go and look at the websites or anything like that. I think that posting a reason behind each challenge is important.

You are in charge of tracking your own information. You are in charge of your own success. I won't be reminding you in personal messages that you have to weigh in. Keep a eye on the group forums. You are in charge of tracking your own points. I personally will be posting each and every day to keep the group informed. I will have 1 post for my points and just edit it each day to add in the new point total.

Good luck everybody. Let the challenges begin!

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It all sounds good!
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    July 18th Points: 5 (Stayed UNDER my calorie goal).
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    July 19th Daily Challenge: 50 Sit Ups.
  • kurkwartburg
    kurkwartburg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5 Points for being under my cal goal on 18th and 19th.
    1 pt for walking 1.5 miles on Friday.
    Lost 5 for going over on Sun :(
    Do i get a point for doing mass protein on the 18th?
    If so then i am at 7 so far