Triple Hundred Challenge

Options
engodwin
engodwin Posts: 516 Member
A friend (of a friend) has challenged me to do this... I'm on day three. Thought I would share it with you guys if you need something different/new to try.

100 days of:
100 pushups
100 sit-ups

I really think this could have a lot of potential - you could change the exercises or add some depending on your fitness level - you could even half the numbers if that would work for you.

I'm doing modified pushups (BC I'm a "sissy girl" :wink: lol)

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Eek! I may have to try this since I need a challenge that I can do until ye cranky knees have been through gel injections and recovery.

Not sure about doing the pushups though.... I can only do about 20 real push ups (with breaks) then it's back to modified ('cause I'm still part sissy girl too!) Maybe I'l start with how many can I do in one "sitting" and my goal will be to get to 100 (or if I'm already there, to increase!)
  • engodwin
    Options
    I can't do them all at once, I break it up into sets... 4 sets = 100 - sometimes sets are back to back sometimes I do 50 in the morning and 50 at night... :ohwell: I get them in - that's all that matters! IMHO
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I can't do them all at once, I break it up into sets... 4 sets = 100 - sometimes sets are back to back sometimes I do 50 in the morning and 50 at night... :ohwell: I get them in - that's all that matters! IMHO
    Hm, good idea, I was looking at the big picture of doing them all at once, will still have to ask the doc about the pushups because of the knees once the injections start so I don't damage any good that might do (maybe on that I can switch from getting in my 100 to increasing the number that I do in "real" pushup style once I start the injections)
  • engodwin
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and I'm not near as sore as I was on day 2! I may actually be able to do non-girly pushups by the end of this! WOOT WOOT
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! YOu are NOT sissy girls! You are fitness queens working on building your power up! Trust me more often then not men need to do the very same thing but they are too vain to do the knee ones! As one of my trainers said most men lift waay too much weight but they are showing off.
    I am not good at prolonged challenges...better at short ones like a week or two but I do need to get back with push ups...Oh boy here we go!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Got in 50 push ups yesterday during training (Super Trainer was distracted by boyfriend so I said what the heck and she had me using a bench to do them so I could do full pushups consistently rather than split up or having to go down to my knees since they were extra cranky yesterday) and 50 sit ups.
    Today is enforced break since it was chiro day and she has ordered no exercising after adjustments so I don't put my spine out before it has a chance to be back in again. So back at the challenge tomorrow!
  • engodwin
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks garlic7girl - I'm ok with being a sissy... FOR NOW!

I see people at the gym all the time with too much weight - which makes them use really REALLY poor technique! I just have to move away from them... Fast! I am just waiting for them to get hurt and then my stupid Medic brain turns on.. UGH RUN AWAY SELF! LOL

Great Job WarriorCupcake - please don't mess up your spine! I struggled through mine last night (little breaks) but I feel good today about it...
  • MadameMaverick
    MadameMaverick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I couldn't seem to get myself started on this challenge. The 100 of everything was way too overwhelming for me. Each time I say "OK let's see how many push-ups I can do" and get up from my computer chair, I walk into the kitchen instead.

And that, is of course super frustrating and demoralizing, so I decided I'll do the Triple 10 challenge, to try 10 pushups and situps a day for 10 days instead. Like, baby steps.

I just did 10 modified pushups, and 10 incorrect situps (I couldn't keep my hands in the right position, they had to be flung in the air to pull me up with them).

So, now I'm optimistic that in 10 days I'll be to the point where I can do the exercises in proper form. :) Wish me luck. Great "tweak-able" challenge.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    After this weekend I'll have to start over on the 100 days part, Doc gave orders that each week after the injections, no exercising at all for at least 24-48 hours (I couldn't if I tried, its been 48 hours and my knees still hurt.... not super bad, just that constant ache where I don't know what position to put my legs in for my knees to be comfortable)
  • MadameMaverick
    Options
    Ouchie! Wrist pain and numbness all up my arm!

This helped a lot
    http://reembody.me/2013/10/05/sore-wrists-during-push-ups-lets-fix-that/

Also, when I wore a neck brace during sit-ups my body just flew up toward the wall! Neat!
  • redphoenix64
    redphoenix64 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this.....and I will do the sissy pushups too but they still work. The only problem I have is the situps....I can't seem to them right does anyone have any suggestions?
    :smile:
  • MadameMaverick
    Options
    Third day and sit-ups are getting easier, as in I can get my hands nearer to my head now. Still pain and hand numbness from push-ups but hoping that will go away in time. Taking it easy, and the 20 (not doing a full 100,sorry guys) is going by a lot faster. I can definitely feel the burn in my arm muscles. A little discouraging to know I was so out of shape...but glad I am starting somewhere. Thanks. Hugs
  • engodwin
    Options
    I'm glad you guys are at least trying the challenge!

I am up to 15 continuous regular pushups without stopping! Woot that's better than 5! LOL

It is very "tweak-able" < That's why I like it!

Do crunches in stead of sit ups as an alternative maybe??? or pick a different abb workout all together?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    They way I learned to do sit ups was actually to get a weight or ball to hold in my hands, get down on the floor in sit up position, almost in stirrup position (ladies you know what I mean, we all do this about once a year when we get the plumbing inspected by the doc) with toes touching a wall, then I "sit up" to touch the weight/ball to the wall, as I got better at it I've been able to move away from the wall and bring my knees closer together (haven't quite given up the weight yet, but I have to be careful with hand placement, because I can pop my neck out... I've done it, it's not fun)
  • allieven
    allieven Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today and love this idea. I have an hour lunch and I'm not sure what to do with the other 45 minutes. For 20-30 minutes of it, I've been bringing my bike in. Since it is getting pretty hot where I'm at, this challenge would be perfect! At least do 50 and 50 at night.

Thank you for the challenge!!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've just started to actively use MFP again, so I'm going to do this. Exercise is my biggest problem. I like the idea of 50 in the morning and 50 at night. Since my arms are basically jello, I think I'll do wall pushups :)
  • MadameMaverick
    Options
    I can't believe it! I have actually stuck with this challenge. Woo hoo! :)
  • MadameMaverick
    Options
    This challenge has been forever morphing for me, and is morphing once again. It has gone from 10 situps and 10 pushups a day, to an additional 1 mile walk and 10 squats also. Then due to back pain, it changed into 10 situps, 10 squats, a 1 mile walk and 10 minutes of stretching. Now that all of that is less of a challenge I am declaring that I'm changing it today to 15 situps, 15 squats, 1.5 mile walk, and 15 minutes of stretching. Now we're cooking with grease!!! :-P
  • AuroraD82
    AuroraD82 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Gonna give this a try!
  • krissygee1
    Options
    okay, I am going to try this challenge. I am modifying it to fit me, 30 a day for 30 days.