Reason you want to lose weight music wise

Options
2»

Replies

• bertalansomogyi
    bertalansomogyi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'ts not all about the look, (I'm not the rockstar type anyway) but the little things (bending to the pedals on the floor, sitting with a dreadnought on my lap, etc.) and I have relatively short fingers, and being fat not helps with my reach, especially with mandoline. Also, I've been performing regulary at my childrens kindergarten, and I want to show bette example to the kids.
  • ivanm1ne
    ivanm1ne Posts: 1
    Options
    More so than anything I need to lose weight to be healthy, but I am a hip hop and edm music producer that also loves to play the drums and the guitar. Now, while the strat/mesa boogie tube stack combo from guitar center sounds awesome I must play an acoustic as I have a 6 year old with a 9:PM bedtime. However, the acoustic is hard to play with my gut pushing it away a few more inches.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    while the strat/mesa boogie tube stack combo from guitar center sounds awesome I must play an acoustic as I have a 6 year old with a 9:PM bedtime.

Headphone amp
  • bertalansomogyi
    bertalansomogyi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 kids, the daily routine is about a half hour acoustic play for the children before sleep (lullabyes, fingerpicking blues, etc.). After that, it's strat time, with headphones. I can rock on, and nobody wakes up beacause of it.
    (When my first kid was born, I sold all my electric stuff, and bought a nice sounding jumbo acoustic. Then, over the years, I've slowly built another electric set)
    by the way, an intensive rehearsal with your rockband burns a heap of calories, so it's a great excercise too!
  • Skinny_For_Good
    Skinny_For_Good Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To look skinny as I sit on the piano bench for an evaluation of recital performance... Also, to not have the little stomach pouch..*ewww*
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So i don't see the fret board when i play my electric guitar! he he he!!!
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I play the accordion. I prefer to play it sitting down, but for most gigs, they seem to want you to "stroll"--that is, wander around the place while you play.

Thing is, a full-size accordion clocks in at about 25 pounds. I usually play a smaller-sized one when strolling, but even that is around 17 pounds. Needless to say, this isn't doing my back any favors.

So my goal is to at least lose one "accordion's-worth" of weight. Then, when I play it standing up, I'll be carrying around the same amount of weight I used to carry around all the time without an accordion!
  • RonnaAustin1111
    RonnaAustin1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I sing and as I've put on more weight, I found my voice isn't as strong. My breathing isn't as effortless and I started having bad indigestion all the time — even from just a sip of water. I'm a week and a half into my journey and already, I have been able to stop taking Zantac.

I gained 60 pounds over a 7-year period. My goal is to take it off 1 to 2 pounds a week.

I'm in my zen spot so .. here I go!!!
  • kazman72
    kazman72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a preference for a single chin in pics and better air and movement on stage. Losing weight has also helped with my vocal control.
  • castleann
    castleann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I play in a Brass Band and being disabled and over 55kgs it is hard for other members to help me with non-accessible places and weight is an issue with me at the moment. :smile:
  • gquesnelle
    gquesnelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Promo shots in late fall for my EP. Gotta look sexy as heck... also a little vain but thats ok.