New Here, 3.5 years post RNY

Options
I am a 42 year old woman who had gastric bypass 3.5 years ago. My starting weight was 239lbs, I am 5'1" and my lowest weight was 179lbs. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with iron deficiency anemia and began taking Iron and Vitamin D supplements and then my weight started to go up.
I had a partial hysterectomy 12 years ago so it could possibly be onset Menopause as well
In the past 3 months I have gone up to 191 lbs and I am not happy.
I take in anywhere between 1300-1400 calories a day, have increased my water to 60-80 oz per day and I have been exercising at the gym 5-6 days a week.
I do treadmill to begin 15 min on random 3.5-3.7 MPH and keeping my heart rate at 130ish
then I alternate days, one day I do upper body strength, one day I will do core training(no machine) and one day I will do lower body strength
I have not lost any weight, no inches and I am completely frustrated. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I am noticing muscle definition but no inches are going down and I am soooooooooo frustrated.

Replies

• becauseideserveit2014
    Options
    Boogiebear063,
    I hear you. Our stories are like absolutely the same other than I am 5'4 :)
    I will be anxious to see what people reply. I had my RNY about 4 yrs ago. Last year or so the weight returned all but 48lbs of it. I went into a deep horrific depression since last October and that was a huge contributor but I have already begun to do something about that and I feel great. I am ready to be back on track and when I went to the doctor today I was actually 7lbs down from my last month visit. I went back to basics, for me that consists of tons of proteins, no processed food, non-gmo, and organic everything that I can. If its white I wipe it out (of my list). I use myfitnesspal to keep my calories below or at 1200 per day which is great because I eat 6 small meals. I do need to get back to exercising. How long have you been on your regime? Are you sure your body is not just recalibrating? That will cause a stall right off the bat. I keep telling myself whenever I feel hungry that every growl is my pouch downsizing to work its best for me again lol so far that works because I have learned to live with hunger and view it as my friend instead of my enemy!

Hope some people who have been successful with going back on track will post here and give us some assistance as well :)
    In the meantime I wish you all the best and I am so glad to have found someone so similar to me in scenario
  • msbubbles2uu
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to here trying to find information on the gastric sleeve.im going for my second consultation tomorrow and I'm scared to death! (Didn't care for the first place). Some days I'm ready to do this now and others I'm terrified. I've ready the good bad and ugly and have mixed emotions. Help!