Motivating Monday 7/21 - New Week!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
New Week!!!

How'd you do on your goals last week? Successes? Challenges?
What is your achievable goal for this week?
And how's your Monday going?

2740008_orig_zpsd5c16e0e.jpg

Replies

• texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to go 7 days without pizza. Pizza is a weekly staple in my house, but it is also a challenge because it's my fave and I tend to revert back to binges when I consume it. I really want to say no pizza for 30 days, but I need to start small. Also, my protein intake last week was very good, but I still want to come down on my carbs. There will be 2 no chocolate days that I incorporate through the week. Having no chocolate at all is a challenge, I think I only went one day with out it. about to hit the gym now for my early morning cardio and lift session.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I'm unable to resize the image at work :( Bah-humbug. If you can't tell, it reads:

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the FIRST STEP"

Last week's success was not finding an easy to make breakfast that wasn't completely unhealthy - whole wheat frozen toaster waffles. They weren't dry like toast so I don't feel the need for butter, and calorie & nutrition wise they were decent! The challenges / cons were I did buy breakfast Monday, Wednesday, and then Sunday... On Sunday I didn't track and ended up way over on calories. :explode: Not the greatest move on my part.

This week - again, I'm going to try to NOT buy breakfast. I'm also adding that I should try to track my calories everyday!

Edited to add: I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning or Thursday morning. Need to do measurements too
  • whitneyh83
    whitneyh83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My goal for the week is exercise again. Last week went better than I expected. If I work out I find that I eat better. After I put out all of that effort I don't want to ruin it all by having a bunch of junk. This week is going to be extremely busy for me so I'm going to try to not eat out and veg when I get home
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think my goal this week is going to be to focusing on eating a healthy dinner because since the kids eat dinner at daycare, and the man works during dinner time, I only have to worry about feeding myself and I tend to not make great choices at the end of the day. I also need to work on actually tracking my dinner. I do great tracking my breakfast, lunch, and snacks, but when it comes to dinner it's just not happening.

Cheers to all. Let's hit our goals!
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the dollar menu and any fast food place!!! I will literally eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (If its any better, I usually only get one or two items...lol) So my goals for the week are...1. Cook on four day this week (and eat the leftovers!) 2. Workout four times this week. I am also adding that I continue to track what I'm eating. All it takes is for me to foskip one day and then I forget about it for weeks!

Good luck to everyone!

S/n: Love the morning quote!!! :smile: :wink:
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to get in atleast 5 days of exercise. I'm starting Tracy Anderson's 30 day method from tomorrow. Hoping to see some results.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I feel like noon is my half way point at work - but it's really not... 7 more hours to go, so an hour off from halfway.

Water wise, not doing well with hydration. Sweating pretty good at work though (does that count as exercise???)

Food - I'm tracking. Dinner NEEDS to be a frozen meal. It's the only way I don't overeat after work. Sadly though need to go to the grocery store - not fun sounding after a long day.

On a different note - I think it's very nice seeing what everyone is working on for the week. A number of us seem to have similar challenges so hopefully we'll all overcome our own. :)

Good luck to everyone today!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls! My goals for the week are to run on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and do 30 DS Monday, Wednesday, Friday . I also want to go to the dunes this week and do the dune challenge. Sunday will be my rest day.

Today's my birthday so I'm going to lunch with my sister and dinner with friends. I will try to make good choices but I am also going easy on myself today if I go over calories. I am still gonna track everyday and get my water in. I don't want my life to be about a diet but about living and making healthy choices most of the time.

I hope everyone has a great week! Let's do this!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Today I was running late and drove through for breakfast, but I've been sticking to my diet otherwise. It's really hard to visualize what 800 calories actually looks like until you've logged your breakfast and your diary is screaming at you. Anyways, I've been really good this afternoon with avoiding eating (My coworkers leave a bowl of candy bars out year-round). Today is kickboxing night!

My goals this week are to work out a minimum of 4 times, make good choices when I go out to eat tomorrow, and stick to my pre-op diet the rest of the week!
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday !! You are better than me, my bday was in Feb. --- I ate 12 cupcakes in 2 days...still recovering
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, it was not an awesome Monday, but for whatever reason, I'm feeling really good about life and feeling motivated!

I actually gained 0.2 lbs, which I know is inconsequential, but I wish it would have been inconsequential in the other direction! LOL
    I also went over my calories today, because I was starving at lunch and meeting a friend at a restaurant that isn't known for low-cal health food. Even though I had a very small supper, I still went over.

My goals for this week are to lose 1 pound and get serious with my exercise. I counted housecleaning in my new classroom and moving things around as exercise, but who am I kidding? Tomorrow I head to my dad's for an overnight visit. I'm going to see if I can coax him down to the fitness room and see if he won't at least sit on the stationary bike while I use the treadmill. I'm definitely doing better with my water, but I'm going to track that closely so I don't start slipping. The better hydrated I am, the less likely I am to get a migraine attack.
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well today went not-so-great for me, I went way over my calories today, but tomorrow is another day!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Wow - seems like a lot of rough starts today. Hopefully not all of us are stumbling! I'm in the rough start boat too. Ate pizza at lunch that I didn't need, didn't want, and better yet - wasn't-going-to-eat-but-gave-in-when-I-went-to-help-them-figure-out-what-kind-it-was. Gah!

Eating dinner with fiance now - I only have 160 calories left, and there's no way whatever we are having is under that... (He needs to lose some weight too, but he can eat more calories than I... :grumble: ) It's 9pm. Got home at 8:55, left home at 5:30am this morning... It would be awesome if sweating at work counted for something, but I only track work when I'm doing an activity enough I'm able to track it - like running stairs today to set up electrical cords down them... So I know I got a good workout there at least.

Queen - I'm glad you are figuring out what helps your migraines.

Texas - I use to do the 12 cupcake thing too, except it would be in one day... Funny how we change...
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Rough start here also - went over by 200 because I had a few extra bites at dinner. So goal #1 is to eat 50 cals less Tu-Fr to make up for it.

Also, I only went to yoga once last week (goal is twice/week), so goal #2 is to go to yoga three times by Sunday.