Day 2: July 21

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
Thought it will be easier for us to access our challenge each day if we had a daily topic. When the spreadsheet is up and running (thanks Heather), it will be easier to track.

Day 2
Water:
Calories:
Exercise:
Daily Points =

Starting Weight ( ) - Ending Weight ( ) =
Bonus Points =

TOTAL CHALLENGE POINTS =

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Nancy. Hopefully the others will chime in tomorrow. What's your exercise plan for the day? Being chased by rabid dogs or wild pigs?

My plan is to get a good night's sleep tonight, rise early to do some housework, get started on some neglected paperwork, then spend at least four hours working on my Bigfoot book. I wanted to finish it by the end of July, so I have to do some pushing! Exercise will be back in the lake. Food--a protein shake and maybe an egg for breakfast. Lean cuisine and brussel sprouts for lunch, then probably a trip to the farm stand for some fresh veggies for dinner.. I'm trying to eat sparse for a few days, not fuss too much. The less time in the kitchen, the better right now.

Nancy, how is your green smoothie detox going? What does it entail?
    K. in Maine
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I had no idea if we were supposed to post today's (Sunday - Day 1) stats anywhere. I stayed under calories, got 35 mins of intense walking in despite the heat and drank 78 oz of pure water. Pretty good day. Still working on my weekly plan but at least I have the first few days done tonight.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Today was chasing a rabid dog. Err...today as in its still Sunday here. We bathed and gave my Odie dog a haircut. Hims so handsome now. The heat index was 112 here today so we all got soaked for fun. Andy turned kiddos playscape into a slip and slide and my only regret is I couldn't fit down that slide! I dont think even the smallest super model could have fit. Well, if yall know who Bethany Frankel is, apparently she can wear her four year old daughters clothes...puke.

My points for today...

Daily food. 1
    Water 1
    Exercise 0
    Total = 2
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Oops I already messed up. Im from the future....
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oops I already messed up. Im from the future....
    Bwahahahahahaaa!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Are we on day one or two, i'm still on day one. Should we create a day 1 thread....
  • KarenZen
    Options
    It's so confusing already... I think I'm Weak from hunger!

Oh, Pat, thank you for starting a Day One thread. It's going to be odd sometimes because Nancy is so many time zones ahead (12 from you, I think).

Here we go, Day Two. Kicking *kitten*. Taking no prisoners.
    K.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    So sorry to mess everyone up.....Karen is right...I am 10 hours ahead of MST.....so when you guys may be posting in the morning, I am ending my day here!! ( My excuse is 'jet lag' lol)

Hot today here too Heather, got up to 111 F !!!!!! Uck! No wild, rabid dogs here...I stuck to my treadmill instead!!! Got in 45 minutes of brisk walking and finished Day 2 of the Detox. ( Karen it consists of a 'Green Smoothie'...basically you need a super duper blender to blend a couple handfuls of 'greens'....spinach, spring greens, dark green leaf lettuce, kale with stems removed in about 2 cups of water...then you add fruit...today was 1 1/2 cups frozen blue berries, 1 apple cored, 1 banana, 2 TBSP ground flaxseed and one scoop protein powder. For 10 days there are different mixes of fruits and alternate the greens). And drink 8 glasses of water. I dropped 4 pounds since yesterday....and I SWEAR I just peed them off!!! Basically the concept is to 'eat' (or drink) clean food and dextox your body for 10 days....then slowly add solid food after day 10. I will keep you posted. Apparently day 3 or 4 is suppose to be tough...maybe headaches etc. So stay tuned!!

Here are my stats for Day 2:

Water = 1
    Calories = 1
    Exercise = 1

Total points = 3
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job catladyksa, I assume you are Nancy is that correct? Omg I don't even want to imagine waking up to 111 degrees lol. So, are you or your spouse in the military? I was wondering cause I believe it was you that was talking about being on base. Thank you so much for your service and that of your family. A soldier never serves alone, there is always someone supporting them, and I am so grateful for all of you. Blessings! And keep up the great work! ;)
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Awesome job catladyksa, I assume you are Nancy is that correct? Omg I don't even want to imagine waking up to 111 degrees lol. So, are you or your spouse in the military? I was wondering cause I believe it was you that was talking about being on base. Thank you so much for your service and that of your family. A soldier never serves alone, there is always someone supporting them, and I am so grateful for all of you. Blessings! And keep up the great work! ;)

Yes, I am Nancy...but no, well...yes I work in the military.....BUT not the US military......I work in a military healthcare facility overseas as a civilian......but not an American facility. And don't have a spouse either....been there and done that THREE times and that is enough!! LoL Rather enjoy my 'singleness'!! lol I just have cats....way tooooo many cats!!!!

Cheers,
    Nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Day 2
    Water: 1
    Calories: 1
    Exercise: 1
    Daily Points = 3

Starting Weight ( ) - Ending Weight ( ) =
    Bonus Points =

TOTAL CHALLENGE POINTS = 6

Between upping my water intake and getting serious about exercise, I have been peeing like a racehorse today! I swear I lost ten pounds. And I'm pooped. Early bedtime for this woman.

Any thoughts on a bonus challenge this week? I was thinking either a low carb (under 20 grams) or low sodium day on Friday, or maybe a" try a new exercise" challenge on Saturday. 3 Points. What do you think?
    Karen
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ok, I added my stats to the chart but I figure since it looks like everyone else was putting them here as well, so would I, lol.

My stats for Day 2:

Water = 1
    Calories = 1
    Exercise = 1

Total points = 3
  • pittgal08
    Options
    lol Cats are awesome! I love any and all animals. That's really cool! I still don't envy you and the heat lol. ;)
  • pittgal08
    Options
    Day 2
    Calories: 0
    Daily Points = 2

Starting Weight ( 469) - Ending Weight ( ) =
    Bonus Points =

TOTAL CHALLENGE POINTS = 3

Hi ladies! Well, I'm getting better. I didn't do great on my calories today, but it's a million times better than it has been. I'm excited for tomorrow because I got some better groceries.
    Hi Karen, I like the trying a new exercise bonus cause I often feel like I get in a rut with my exercise. Look forward to hearing what you decide. Blessings! ;)
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day 2:
    Daily points: 3

Total challenge points: 6

Today was a close one! I barely stayed under calories, and I definitely didn't hit my macros. Went out to a bubble tea place for dinner with some friends, and between that and some post-midnight snacking, my sugar was out of control. Got lots of walking in, though, and I got to the gym with just enough time to lift before they closed!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I assume we can just use the spreadsheet form now on if we want right?

Day 2:
    Exercise: 0
    Daily points: 2

Total challenge points: 5
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I assume we can just use the spreadsheet form now on if we want right?

Day 2:
    Exercise: 0
    Daily points: 2

Total challenge points: 5

I am assuming the same! lol
  • KarenZen
    Options
    You can do whatever you prefer. I can't seem to do the spreadsheet from my phone, so I may not update it every day. Plus, since I intend to SMOKE all of you in this challenge, I like the idea of putting up my stats every day. Perhaps I should do an hourly update? Or get one of those headgear cameras that records your day? Let me know how much of my exciting life you want to see. I will not, however, be filming myself doing prancercise with a leggings wedgie.