Enough Net Carbs?

Options
Anyone else having a hard time getting 20-25 Net Carbs in daily???

Replies

• Metcalf1690
    Metcalf1690 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I sometimes can't seem to get enough carbs ....but I am having problems BIG time with veggies. I am just not into them...so needless to say I'm doing mostly meats and cheeses. ( I know its probably not good)
  • uniongal29379
    uniongal29379 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting enough net carbs and calories in, my most part is the calories.
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am on day one and am realizing that if I work out it is going to shoot down my intake dramatically. Has anyone else had issues with this? I don't see how it'll be healthy weightloss. If you have been doing it and have any advice please help! I felt lightheaded during the day so added in a cheese snack, and just cleaning my house put beneath 1,000 cals for the day. I usually walk and circuit train and can't see how I'll be able to do that while on Atkins.
  • R3inaAngel
    R3inaAngel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't like veggies HIDE THEM, i encourage you to try cauliflower. Boil it in chicken stock, mash it, covert it in butter, cheese, and green onions, bacon bits Mmmmmm. You can boil it down and puree it, then add it to a soup to give it a creamy look and texture. Throw it in a food processor and make "rice" . Use zucchini and make zoodles with Parm or lasagna. Caprese salad with tomatoes, mozzarella balls, black olives, and basil. Mushrooms are great with meat too and if you chop them up you cam mix them in and its like they're not even there.
    To up your calories and not carbs, Get a zero carb protein powder and add it to the Atkins shakes. try things like pork rinds to coat your meats or just snack on them. its simple, just aim for your calorie intake, but if you get hungry in between meals EAT. Don't forget to drink plenty of water, Atkins can really dehydrate you, which will make you feel hungry and dizzy.:drinker:
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't think carbs is the main focus; but it is a useful one. Our body can make carbs (it can't make protein). But the problem is when we don't consume enough carbs we're not getting all the other nutrients that come with them - the minerals, vitamins, etc. That's the real problem to my mind. So I try to focus on those carb foods that are particularly rich in other nutrients.

All of that being said - I REALLY need to work on it too. So I think I'm going to go saute some broccoli and garlic in olive oil and butter.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a wonderful Cauliflower Cheddar Bacon casserole - recipe is on the Ruled Me website. It is a delicious way to hide veggies, even my kids loved it and have already asked me to make it again!