OCR World Championships!

Options
summertime_girl
summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
Who qualified so far? Who is going? I'm so psyched to qualify based on age group finish times at two races, and I also qualify under the Journeyman division. But it's far and it's expensive. But I SO want to go now!

ScreenShot2014-07-21at81646AM_zps692e5176.png

Replies

• summertime_girl
    Options
    I'm considering it. But it's in Ohio, it's not cheap, and going up against the best of the best is seriously daunting. I'm really thrilled just to be a qualifier.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You have to go. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity right there. And quite an accomplishment.

Agree with this. I'll be at the Spartan Championships in VT in September. I'm not competing, but I'm PUMPED to watch all those elite athletes!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I'll be racing the VT Beast, but not competing in the Championships.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I'll be racing the VT Beast, but not competing in the Championships.

Smack Eric for me.

I can do that :)
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I qualified in June for it! I am contemplating it as well.. I just signed up for both the Super in Vernon and the best in Vermont last night. I think I am going to do it and my logic of why is this:

I was going to do the Spartan 3-day bahama cruise, but the cost for just 3 days for me and my girl is over 4k, so if I was going to spend the money on a 3 day cruise, why not use the money to do a hell of a lot of races.. haha...

Let me know what you decide :)
  • FWMagicMike
    Options
    pv92fssd.png
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I qualified in June too, I just had no idea, lol!

Ohio is just tough for me to get to. WV this weekend was 11 hours one way. Ohio is even further. There's no direct flights, and I just don't have time to drive. The idea of the Trifecta day in Ohio is appealing, especially with my season pass.

I'll definitely be at the NJ Super and VT Beast though. Bailed on DC this weekend, I just can't do that drive three weekends in a row. And could use a "rest" weekend. I've had CMC, CT Sprint, local OCR, PA Sprint, and Battlefrog DC on back to back weekends. This weekend is a down weekend, with a 5 mile ruck and a 1.5 hour Spartan bootcamp on Saturday, lol! But no race.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Oh for the lotto win! I'd need international flights, plus everything else ya'll have to pay for!

I haven't qualified yet though if I had done my recent Spartan Sprint with the intention of Qualifying (and before I did my super on the same day) I believe I could/would have made it.

If by some miracle I get that lotto win in time, I'll go as a journeyman as I'll be able to make the races to do it. I know I don't have the stamina yet to qualify on a Spartan Beast... although hrm Brisbane is a Sprint/Beast double up. Maybe I do Sprint first and then trudge the course for the Beast and my Trifecta.
  • FWMagicMike
    Options
    I qualified in June too, I just had no idea, lol!

Ohio is just tough for me to get to. WV this weekend was 11 hours one way. Ohio is even further. There's no direct flights, and I just don't have time to drive. The idea of the Trifecta day in Ohio is appealing, especially with my season pass.

I'll definitely be at the NJ Super and VT Beast though. Bailed on DC this weekend, I just can't do that drive three weekends in a row. And could use a "rest" weekend. I've had CMC, CT Sprint, local OCR, PA Sprint, and Battlefrog DC on back to back weekends. This weekend is a down weekend, with a 5 mile ruck and a 1.5 hour Spartan bootcamp on Saturday, lol! But no race.

you... are a beast!