Ivory Team Thread

Options
Kashton2011
Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
I'm not the team leader but all the other teams seem to have their threads up and running so thought it best to get ours started - sorry to the team leader - Don't want to step on toes!

I'm Kirsty and I'm from the UK (the North East). I'm doing this challenge to bring some additional focus and accountability to myself. I'm looking forward to the challenges so that I can push myself more.

Good luck everyone! :drinker:

Replies

• tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting a thread for our team. I'm Tammi and this is my first challenge. I'm hoping that the accountability will help me stick to my goals.
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Connie. I just finished the Spring challenge that Modellabell did. I'm looking forward to more team challenges, maybe a weekly exercise or something. My Spring team was good for a few weeks then kind of disappeared. Because this is only 5 weeks, I think it should be easier to stick to/follow through.

Good luck and have fun. =D
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Hello. I'm Connie. I just finished the Spring challenge that Modellabell did. I'm looking forward to more team challenges, maybe a weekly exercise or something. My Spring team was good for a few weeks then kind of disappeared. Because this is only 5 weeks, I think it should be easier to stick to/follow through.

Good luck and have fun. =D

@Lifeisspiffy - love the GoT throne :happy:
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Hmmmm

Was expecting a challenge? Are we doing our own thing this week?

Looks like a small team so far, not sure where everybody else is but hopefully it will start to pick up soon.

My plan for today:
    - 30 mins step class
    - Zumba on the wii
    - wii fit

Hope everything is going well for everyone
  • Modellabell
    Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Ivory. Do we need to make a change in the TL line up? Please let me know and I can make the adjustment. Thanks Kashton2011 for starting your team thread!
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    I should get some wii fitness games. I have my boyfriend's wii at my house. And it seems like he's not going to want it back. I should look into zumba or something for it.

How do you like your games @Kashton2011 ??

I think I may go for a walk today. Looks like a beautiful day out again.
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I enjoy the active games, not one for sitting with the likes of tomb raider etc.

I've got the fit which is good, zumba - enjoyable but safe as I've got no rhythm but I only see that! and Family trainer which is good fun and can really take it out of you.

I've also got a couple of just dance's which tend to be more enjoyable as they make you laugh rather than an exercise activity
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    Did anyone else completely blow their calorie count over the holiday weekend?! I know I did!! I'm getting back on track today - tracking what I eat and eating better food and hopefully getting some exercise in. Today is my wedding anniversary so I might be celebrating instead of exercising.
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Looks like we all logged our weights, well done everyone.

Looks like it is just 4 of us, I've looked at some other groups and it looks like they are struggling with numbers too

Should we think up some team challenges to see us through the next few weeks or would people prefer to just do our own thing and report back at the end of the week?
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    I like the idea of a challenge, keeps me a little more motivated than trying to figure out my own thing. Even if it's a general challenge like staying under calorie goal for 5 days.

I didn't lose much this week, but it's a start. Hoping to always decrease, even if it's only by a half pound.

It's a bummer that we seem to have only 4 people in the group after only one week. Summer is a busy time for people.
    The problem week for me is going to be the last week of July. I'm going on vacation to New Jersey shore. Hopefully, me and my friends will be active doing things like swimming and fishing and walking on the beach and not ruin it with too many drinks. I'll have to find a way to weigh-in that week.
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    How about this week we aim to get 4 hours of exercise in? (if that is too much aim for an achievable target that suits you).

This will give our group time to think up some other challenges for the remaining weeks

Enjoy :wink:
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    How about this week we aim to get 4 hours of exercise in? (if that is too much aim for an achievable target that suits you).

This will give our group time to think up some other challenges for the remaining weeks

Enjoy :wink:

I like this idea!
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    4 hours is going to be tough. Did 45 min today at gym. between elliptical and strength training.
    Now theres a flood watch until noon on Wednesday, so I'm probably not going for any outside walks. I'll have to find some youtube videos for tomorrow's exercising.
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    So last week I did about 1 hour and 20 minutes of exercise. More than usual because I tend to be super lazy. But definitely not a lot.

Went way over calories this weekend. Had a lot of fun with some friends so no regrets. But need to get back on track tomorrow and for the rest of this week.
    Next week, I go on vacation so probably another bad week but maybe not since we have to make our own food. Who knows.

How did everyone do? Any ideas for challenges?
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I was just short of 4 hours (3 and a hours managed) so I'll be working to hit the 4 hours this week, but will happily work towards another target/ challenge that the group comes up with.

I've got no plans for this week, I've got a few days off work during the first week in August but I'll hopefully be getting some walking in if nothing else!

Gym tonight for an hour or so - continuing on with the Zombie 5k app :happy:
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Good work everyone - hope you all had some sort of success. I managed to stay the same which I'll look on as a positive!

After work today I'm going out to get a medicine ball to help with toning my arms and I'll be incorporating this into my workouts. I'm also hoping to buy a new pair of running shoes - not that I'm a runner by any means - I'm doing the Zombie C to 5K app (currently in week 3) and need a new pair of trainers!

Good luck this week :drinker:
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    So, had a gain this week, although it was expected due to TOM :sad:

I'll be starting my slim in 6 tonight and I'm planning to download a couple of apps for the my ipad which are 30 challenges of squats and crunches so we'll see how that goes. I've also just invested in a medicine ball so that will come in handy with the squat challenge :bigsmile: So, that's my plan for this coming week - along with visits to the gym
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    I was on vacation this past week, so I didn't weigh-in. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning now that I'm home to see how I did. I think I was decent, didn't indulge in too many fried foods and went for many walks on the boardwalk. Hopefully it evens out.

I need to find some challenges for this week now that I'm home. Maybe some new apps. Maybe I'll go to the library to try to look for some health books.
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Welcome back Lifeisspiffy - hope you had a lovely time. I've got 3 days off work this week (Wed- Fri) can't wait! We'll likely be out and about so hopefully I'll get a fair bit walking in and exercise at home rather than at the gym during these days.

I'm aiming to get 4 hours of exercise in at home and then anything I do while out and about is a bonus:drinker:

Good luck this week