What marathon are you....

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
taking part in before the year is out and what's your goal/target?

I'm doing Dublin in October and as far as my goal or target is concerned I don't really have one, I'd love a new PB but not sure how likely that is this year.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    My first 26.2 is this coming October (Toronto Waterfront) my goal is to finish in an upright, self-propelled position.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I am running the PA Grand Canyon Marathon this coming sunday (July 27th).
    http://www.pagrandcanyonmarathon.com/Home_Page.html

It's my first one. Tapering is maddening and trying to get 70% of my calories from Carbohydrates this week has proven challenging, logistically. I'm in high to mid 60s so that should be good enough and Saturday I'll really lean towards them...

My Goal is finishing, at all. My secondary goal is to beat Doug Flutie's marathon time of 5hrs+ because he's a former professional athlete :) My real ultimate goal is 4:45:00 I've run a half in 2:12:00 so it's doable I think. But really, I'd be happy just to finish.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My first 26.2 is this coming October (Toronto Waterfront) my goal is to finish in an upright, self-propelled position.

I'm running the same one (Brian, you already know that! :laugh: ). My goal is ...(I feel bad saying it in public, but my friends here already know...) ....to qualify for Boston. Or get as close to it as I can so it will be easier the next time I try haha
    t's my first one. Tapering is maddening and trying to get 70% of my calories from Carbohydrates this week has proven challenging, logistically. I'm in high to mid 60s so that should be good enough and Saturday I'll really lean towards them...

Good luck on your first one!! We are expecting a review sometime next week! :wink:
  • chrisruns4pie
    Options
    Marine Corps Marathon on October 26. Goal is to break 4:00:00, and PR. Current PR is 4:01:54
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Baltimore Marathon on October 18. My first full marathon ever, and I'm hoping to come in between 4:20 and 4:30.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've got a few left for this year:

-Pikes Peak Marathon on August 17th
    -Denver Rock-n-Roll Marathon on October 19th
    -Rim Rock Marathon on November 1st

Goals are:
    -Pikes - #1 Goal: Finish before the 10.5 hour cut off, #2 Goal: Finish under 8 hours
    -Denver - I'd LIKE to PR and go sub-4....however, I'm not sure how hilly the course is, so we'll see!
    -Rim Rock - No goals yet other than to finish. It's got about 2500' of elevation gain and then loss, so until I start training on the course I won't know what kind of time I think I can do it in.
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm running the "Running For The Bay" marathon in Apalachicola, FL on OCT 26
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Rest of the year:

Tijuana Marathon (this weekend, practicing BQ pace)
    Ventura Marathon (Sept. 7, 3:05 pacer)
    Lake Hodges Trail Fest 50K (Oct 26)
    RnR Vegas (Nov 17)
    RnR San Antonio (Dec 7)
    Mexicali Gobernor's Maraton (Dec 14)

I am going to try and get under 4 hours at Lake Hodges. I *may* train up for another sub-3 effort at San Antonio; there are a couple of Halfs mixed in there and I will be doing something marathon+ distance on Black Friday so I may not be able to dedicate the time.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Dallas Marathon is this December. Hoping the weather cooperates this year as last year it was canceled (icy conditions). I want redemption!

Goal is to PR. Not sure if I can break 4:00 on this course, but I want to come pretty darn close to it. My PR is 4:13.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ventura Marathon? I didn't even know there was one! I'm originally from Ventura County (grew up in Oxnard/Camarillo). I did Mountains to Beaches last year - is the course somewhat similar? It's always nice weather in Ventura.
    Rest of the year:

Tijuana Marathon (this weekend, practicing BQ pace)
    Ventura Marathon (Sept. 7, 3:05 pacer)
    Lake Hodges Trail Fest 50K (Oct 26)
    RnR Vegas (Nov 17)
    RnR San Antonio (Dec 7)
    Mexicali Gobernor's Maraton (Dec 14)

I am going to try and get under 4 hours at Lake Hodges. I *may* train up for another sub-3 effort at San Antonio; there are a couple of Halfs mixed in there and I will be doing something marathon+ distance on Black Friday so I may not be able to dedicate the time.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Air Force - treating it as an easy effort training run and will probably PR no matter what

Chicago - shooting for 3:35-3:45

Columbus - Pacing

Might do another 50K in November as well, or at least one more marathon.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Running Market-to-Market 50k (point-to-point) in Lincoln, NE in October, will be my first ultra.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Essjay: Ventura Marathon starts and ends at the pier and stays on flat ground, mostly along the Navy bases with a trip through some farming areas.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    50K this Saturday. I'm a wreck!

Chicago Marathon this Oct. Just hoping to PR.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Pikes Peak Marathon August 17. They say you should take your flatland PR, multiply by 1.6 and add 30 minutes, so that would be about 5 hours and 45 minutes. I would be VERY happy with that, but definitely want to be sub-7 hours. Last year's overall winner was 3:43.
  • NorthCountryDreamer
    NorthCountryDreamer Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    running? Twin Cities Marathon. I will run sub 8 minute miles and that should get me my life-long dream of qualifying for Boston Marathon.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Chicago Marathon on Oct. 12. This will be my 2nd marathon. My first marathon was complete misery, so my only goal is to enjoy this one.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Damn. I thought this was one of those surveys where you find out what marathon you are. Don't mind me; I've got the taper crazies.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Baltimore Marathon on October 18. My first full marathon ever, and I'm hoping to come in between 4:20 and 4:30.

I'm planning to be at the Baltimore Road Runner's Club water stop for the marathon. I'll hand you a beverage! :)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    NYC!!! November 2. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: