Logging

Options
kiknitwite
kiknitwite Posts: 36 Member
So I have a question about logging carbs and net carbs...

HOW??! LOL

I know that logging carbs is total carbs minus fiber, but so you just log it as is and kinda make mental note? For example, if I have all of the info then I put carbs and dietary fiber. But sometimes I only have carbs info. Does MFP automatically deduct that when factoring your carbs that day or should I?

Replies

• pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    MFP does not calculate net carbs for you, so you have to subtract it yourself. I set my carb limit higher for that reason. I also hear there are plug ins you can get for your browser that will do it, but I haven't bothered.
  • tastethis
    tastethis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I usually type in whatever food i'm adding with "net carbs" at the end. Just check the nutrition before you add it. There are also add-ons you can install to do it for you, but that's too much trouble in my opinion.
  • courtneymaybe
    Options
    Some individuals have added entries that have already calculated net carbs (like tastethis said, just throw in "net carbs" at the end of any food you're searching for, just in case it's already there!) If not, maybe in "Food Notes" you could just tally up net carbs as you eat, so you know how different they may be than the automatically-calculated carbs?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

This will show net carbs as a column in your food log. No mental math. Doesn't work on the app, only online.