The Original Firm

Options
Anybody out there still do the old firm tapes with Susan Harris?

Replies

• towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there still do the old firm tapes with Susan Harris?
    I am finishing up 30DS & plan to start the original firm w Susan Harris.
  • TiaXL
    TiaXL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all:

I'm 45 years young and have had the most success with the Classic Firm Video's. I found myself more elongated and tight without doing anything else but the part of the video in the am and the other half at the end of the day.

Is there anyone interested in become an accountability partner? I will be doing The Firm working out 3x's a week and walking 30 minutes a day. I am starting on Monday and I currently use BodyMedia Core faithfully. I am obsessed with the findings and how I can approve.

If any of you are interested in adding me as a friend, go ahead and add away. Oh, one more thing with there being no way to log The Firm in the system but I believe the BMC will capture it since I wear it all the time.

Thanks for reading my rambling.. . ;-)
  • TaintSoBad
    Options
    Boy, Tia, I'd love to be your accountability partner, but I'm recovering from an injury so I have to lay off the weights for at least one month. I'm just attending yoga classes and walking/Leslie Sansone'ing it right now. Grrrrr ....

Anyway, I still do Vol. 1. Isn't it wonderful that a nearly 30-year-old workout can still kick butt? :)

Anna Benson was a genius. She was doing "metabolic training" back in in the 80's and 90's!

The Firm is my favorite all-time workout. I own 25 or so of the pre-2001 (Anna Benson) Firms DVDs, not including some of the GAAIM and Pink Firms. I've done a ridiculous number of other DVD workouts, too, over the years -- Cathe Friedrich, Beach Body, JNL Fusion, Kelly Coffey Meyer, Jari Love, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, kettlebell training, etc., etc., -- but the Firm will always be closest to my heart. It was my gateway drug to home workout videos back in 1998. I still think it's the most fun weight training out there.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ive been plaod on getting the classics out of storage. good reminder.
  • skipthispart
    Options
    I did the original Firm workout with Susan Harris a quarter century ago. Wow, that's hard to say and believe! I ordered it on dvd about nine months ago after having back surgery and not being able to do some of the other things I normally did. Plus I've gained weight over the years and no longer look quite like Susan Harris in a leotard! :-) I've been walking and doing the Firm workout again for a couple of months now. It's a hard work, and I can tell the difference in my body although I haven't lost a single pound. Saw my back surgeon again yesterday and he suggested myfitnesspal. Hopefully the accountability, even if only to myself will help.