Thankful Thursday. 7/24 - Everyone post Today

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
I'd like everyone to post today - at least once. Everyone in the world has different challenges. Some more than others. So be grateful for what you have, what we have. What you specifically can do, can eat, can say. Can - meaning you are able to, if you choose.

So check in today - and note: What did you eat today? What did you do today? How was your day?

And then I challenge you.
Name your largest obstacle
Name 3 things you are grateful for that you have done, built, or learned, or are currently doing.

ups-and-downs_zps7a40ed2c.jpg

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    Name your largest obstacle:
    >>> Procrastination and getting distracted/undisciplined. Or as my fiance puts it- shiny thing with buttons addiction.

Name 3 things you are grateful for that pertain to you and your ability:
    1. I'm very thankful my body is semi-forgiving. I could have been injuried many times or sooo much more sore and tired.
    2. I'm grateful that I like to smile because it makes me happy, not just because I am already happy.
    3. I am glad I can teach myself and learn more about things around me or at work or for fun. :)
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My largest obstacle would have to perfectionism. I want everything in my life to be perfect. Although I know this will never happen...its bothers me to not even try. I definetly gets in the way sometimes and causes me to fall behind in many areas.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last year, my mother, father and grandfather were all diagnosed with cancer within thre months of each other. This expericen has truly opened my eyes to whats important. My grandfather moved on, my father is in remission (raditation) and my mother is still fighting(chemo)!!! She's so tough! I want to be her when I grow up!

1. I am eternally grateful for my family- mother, father and my daughter in particular. They have become my world. Its weird because I've always loved them, but now its like I truly value them and better see their purpose in my life. I see where they sacrifice for me and truly provide me with unconditional love.

2. I'm grateful to have turned 30 this past March! Being 30 is amazing. Its like I went to sleep and woke up with an enitrely new outlook on life....clarity and freedom. Things just seem different.I'm able to better express my feelings, I have a better idea of what I want.... Releasing myself from 20's stressors and truly freed me.

3. I am grateful for my friend Andrew. We aren't officially dating but we kinda are. It may be confusing to you but we have perfect understanding. We met a year ago on an online dating site. Although we live in the same city, in all that time we never met. It wasn't a catfish becuase I knew people who knew him, he knew people that knew me, and neither of us was avoiding the meet up. We both just had things going on in our lives. Usually me, I'm a serial date canceler!! We talked probably once or twice a month, if that. We also chatted on instagram pretty regularly. A few months ago, I randomly called him just to say hi. We've decided to finally meet up and have been inseperable ever since. He's quickly become my calm in the storm. I sit thinking OMG I slept on a great guy for a little over a year! But everything happens for a reason. I love that he is always optimistic and family orientated.We relate on so many levels. He also has the three of the four main charateristics that I've been looking for in a mate- Comunication, Consideration, Consistency. Commitment which is the final component, I feel, will come in time. Not taking anything to fast or out of context. I'm just happy right now to have a true friend who will answer the phone when I call.
  • Jened13
    Jened13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I have only had breakfast  , but it was Ezekial bread with an Egg salad mix (one whole egg, one egg white), a banana with a bit of peanut butter
    I plan to do an hour long Pilates class on my lunch and then an hour class of Yoga tonight after work
    I will be doing something with Eggplant and Polenta for dinner, but not 100% sure what yet…ideas??

My largest obstacle is Vulnerability and Time. I am so scared to look weak in front of anyone. I am a new mom and I work full time….so time is not always on my side to do everything I would like to.

Name 3 things you are grateful for that you have done, built, or learned, or are currently doing.

I am sooooo grateful for my daughter…she is the extraordinary and I made her. It’s awesome
    I am grateful for starting my blog. It’s been an idea of mine for years to help with accountability and to overcome some of my fears and now I am really doing it. Feel free to check it out if you want – www.rejenuvate.com
    I am grateful for my friends and support system. They keep me accountable and love me good or bad.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My largest obstacle is losing focus! I do great when I initially decide to do something, then I think I get bored or refocus on something else. Sometimes I think I want do achieve too many things and I get overwhelmed with it all and just STOP!

I believe that setting goals, especially the weekly goals is very helpful for me!

Things that I am grateful for:
    1. I am thankful that I am healthy enough to be able to do things I enjoy, like running, hiking and yoga. I am thankful that my legs can take me where I want to go.
    2. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to go to college and finish my degree and that I have a decent job. I am thankful that my mind is full of information that helps me every day and that I still have room to learn more.
    3. I am thankful for the challenges that I have had in my life because I feel that they are what has made me who I am today. It's not so great being in the mist of problems but overcoming challenges is a great feeling. I am grateful that I am alive and can live to see tomorrow.
    4. I am also thankful for love. I am thankful that I have people in my life that I can love and feel love in return. Life isn't always easy and I know that having others in your life to help you get through the rough spots and give you the happiest moments!

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Today is going great! I am keeping to my plan for food and it's going awesome.

My largest obstacle is definitely my upcoming surgery. Stressing me out, missing work and school.

I am grateful for:
    1) My health. I was so sick when I found out my appendix had ruptured. My doctors said it had probably ruptured months earlier, considering how extensive my infection was. My doctors were amazed at how I was able to carry on.
    2) My significant other. He is supportive and my best friend. Always knows what to say.
    3) My best friend Sam, for always making me feel great about myself.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Well I have only had breakfast  , but it was Ezekial bread with an Egg salad mix (one whole egg, one egg white), a banana with a bit of peanut butter
    I plan to do an hour long Pilates class on my lunch and then an hour class of Yoga tonight after work
    I will be doing something with Eggplant and Polenta for dinner, but not 100% sure what yet…ideas??

I like breaded eggplant - eggplant dipped in egg with breadcrumbs and baked. Then I put a little tomato salad thing (olive oil, whatever-I-feel-like seasoning, and maybe parmesan) on top and bake it again to heat up the tomato. I think polenta could go well on bottom or top with it, maybe add mushrooms or other veggies so since to me breaded zucchini and polenta can have similar textures depending on how they are done.

Actually now I want breaded zucchini and tomatoes for dinner!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I like breaded eggplant - eggplant dipped in egg with breadcrumbs and baked. Then I put a little tomato salad thing (olive oil, whatever-I-feel-like seasoning, and maybe parmesan) on top and bake it again to heat up the tomato. I think polenta could go well on bottom or top with it, maybe add mushrooms or other veggies so since to me breaded zucchini and polenta can have similar textures depending on how they are done.

Actually now I want breaded zucchini and tomatoes for dinner!

That sounds delicious!
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1. I am thankful that I got my blood pressure in control
    2. I am thankful that I still have my legs to run
    3. I am thankful for the rest days I had away from the gym allowing my sore body to heal.

I have overcome a generational curse as I was the first one in the family to graduate from college.
    I have overcome having a negative attitude towards fitness to a "can do" attitude. I have lost over 70 pounds.

Today I had Coffee, baked pork steak with brown rice, banana, grapes, shredz protein shake, a ham sandwich, more protein shake, and a glass of red wine
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well, today I got out and did my run 2.9 miles. I almost didn't make it off the couch but I felt so much better after my run.

For breakfast I had half a piece of my turkey casserole from last night and yogurt, lunch was the other half piece of turkey casserole with two pickle spears, dinner was BBQ pork chop with broccoli and garlic shells. Snacks were boom chicka pop popcorn and frozen yogurt. I also had some watermelon.

Walked the dog tonight and got my 10,000 steps for the day. Tomorrow is Friday which means it's getting closer to my vacation being over.

I'm not sure if I'm going to my bf's this weekend or if we're going camping. He wants to go to Michigan to camp and we wouldn't go till Saturday and would have to drive back Sunday. I'm not sure if it's worth all that for one day. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks since I only see him on my weekends off and my last weekend off I was in Tennessee with my family.

It's good to see everyone posting what their thankful for. I want to say that I am thankful for this group and all the great support here!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is a good topic, since I had kind of a crummy day and I need to remember that my problems are small compared to my blessings.

1. Even though it was a terrible food day and I went way over my calories, I somehow managed to be under on my cholesterol. Yes!
    2. My dad is alive and still living independently at 84, even with kidney disease, colitis, and various other ailments.
    3. All three of my kids are nice, successful human beings.
    4. My grandson is freaking adorable!
    5. I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach (obviously!) and everything I need and lots of what I want.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Ate too much for dinner - fiance is a bad example, grabbing two brats... I purposely waited freaking 20 minutes before giving into temptation. I need to just put the dinner away asap when we are done waiting.

My biggest downfall today was being tired. The more tired I am, the more I think I want food. However that being said, I'm down 2lbs since my last weigh in (last weigh in I was up 1lb), and I lost 0.5 inches around stomach, hips, butt, and thigh! All those work stairs are paying off!

Looking forward to this weekend and I'm thankful for having steady work (Even with long days) and some form of balance. Not everyone has that, and I appreciate getting the chance to have it.