Replies

• Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I am so excited to be on the winning team this week! Gives me great motivation for the week ahead, even if I am having severe pain. It won't stop me from getting to Onederland! Who else is highly motivated now?!
  • happygirlakers
    happygirlakers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOO we won this week. I was not expecting that at all lol..... Now lets do it again!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I was in the mood to bake last night, so I found this recipe for chocolate pumpkin brownies. Delish...except I literally gained 2lbs from yesterdays weigh in. I was still under calories, but my system cannot handle sugar anymore, and it seems to store it as fat right away. Anyone elsecsee such an extreme reaction to a food?
  • happygirlakers
    happygirlakers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Simbersea, Yes I do. I made blackberry cobbler and stayed within my calories and gained 3 pounds. I can handle a little sugar in my coffee, but most sweets give me a weight gain the next day even if I am way under calories for the day.
  • Sarah0ne
    Sarah0ne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am sooo happy for the last week results =D

unfortunately I doubt I’ll be able to perform as well this week, I was attacked by a dog on Sunday and till now I can’t move my head without cringing of pain therefor I am unable to workout.

good thing is the bit was under my hair so there will be no visible scars, bad thing is the bit was on my freaking head and it hearts sooooo much.

I still love dogs, but maybe not this particular one.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    ... I was attacked by a dog on Sunday and till now I can’t move my head without cringing of pain therefor I am unable to workout.

Eeek! I hope you heal soon and that the pain can be managed.

Regarding sugar. I don't think it's possible to gain 2-3 pounds in one day from sugar. You can, however, gain alot of water weight from sugar and other carbs. Do you feel bloated? I could definitely be water. Exercise is the ticket to getting rid of that water because you'll burn the excess glucose you've stored away. Exercise; and water consumption. It's counter intuitive; but drinking more water helps reduce how much water you have in your system because it flushes out stuff that helps hold onto water (like sodium).
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    We're about half way through week 2 now - how is everyone doing? I know we have a number of challenges facing many of us. @salhaz20: I sure hope you are healing well. I appreciate your worrying about exercise and such; but please take care of yourself. This competition is NOTHING compared to you getting healed from that attack. And to those who are traveling; I hope you have safe travels and a good time. It's always a challenge to stay on the wagon (or at least partially on the wagon) while on vacation. For my part, I've been doing really well on my weight loss since last Friday - so much so that the pessimist in me is expecting some major set back to occur at any moment. I hope I can keep it going. I'm so proud of all of you; I hope everyone is having an excellent Tuesday.
  • simbersea
    Options
    ... I was attacked by a dog on Sunday and till now I can’t move my head without cringing of pain therefor I am unable to workout.

Regarding sugar. I don't think it's possible to gain 2-3 pounds in one day from sugar. You can, however, gain alot of water weight from sugar and other carbs. Do you feel bloated? I could definitely be water. Exercise is the ticket to getting rid of that water because you'll burn the excess glucose you've stored away. Exercise; and water consumption. It's counter intuitive; but drinking more water helps reduce how much water you have in your system because it flushes out stuff that helps hold onto water (like sodium).

I will definitely try both of these. I did 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning, and I'll do another workout at lunch and see if that helps. I'll also try to switch out some of my coffee for water....that'll be a tough one :(

Thanks for the advise :drinker:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Brown! I just found this thread...sorry for missing the first weigh in. I was in Vegas at a conference then spent the weekend with my family. I am aiming to lose 30 lbs. by the end of the year. I have been trying to get into a regular exercise routine.salhaz...I am sorry to hear about your attack. Take care.
    I hope everyone has a great weigh in! :flowerforyou:
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    Had a stressful week and gained just under a pound. Sorry, team. I'll do better this week.
  • Binnee95
    Options
    I had a horrible week which caused me to eat. I gained a little over a pound.
    I am working on my emotional eating...sometimes I lose the battle. I will make it up this week.
    I'm sorry Team Brown!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    I had a horrible week which caused me to eat. I gained a little over a pound.
    I am working on my emotional eating...sometimes I lose the battle. I will make it up this week.
    I'm sorry Team Brown!
    Sounds like we're on the same page. We'll do better. We just have to be aware of our emotions and stresses and fight them back.
  • Binnee95
    Options
    Yes, we will do better! Next time I am going to try to go for a walk. It's just so hard to think about walking for stress relief when all you want to do is stuff your face. But now I am back under 30 pounds and I do not like that, so I am definitely going to buckle down!
  • simbersea
    Options
    WOW We won!!!! Congrats everyone :)
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow well done guys!
    I had a tiny loss this week but not enough to recover from the gain the previous week (unfortunately I think I had a good initial weigh in if you know what I mean!) so am still negative...... waaah!

I am off on my jollies tomorrow for 12 nights and will undoubtedly show more gains!
    I feel I'm letting the team down and I guess the timing of this challenge was all wrong for me but I promise I will be back into it when I get back and will work hard for the last half of it.
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    I am off on my jollies tomorrow for 12 nights and will undoubtedly show more gains!
    Also, I will hopefully remember to weigh in but it won't be a real weight.....I'll just enter the same weight for 2 weigh ins...... I've got WiFi but no scales.
    So any gains won't show until the Friday I get back!
  • simbersea
    Options
    Also, I will hopefully remember to weigh in but it won't be a real weight.....I'll just enter the same weight for 2 weigh ins...... I've got WiFi but no scales.
    So any gains won't show until the Friday I get back!

Have fun!
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    Have fun!
    Thank you......looking forward to it!!!:drinker: :glasses:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    No worries...have fun on your vacation! I had a gain this week. My mothern law has been in the hospital since last Friday. She is 92...I will try to do better in spite of the stress. On a positive note I did manage to exercise 5 days this week.:flowerforyou: