Day 5: July 24

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
I hope I am not confusing you guys again....with my time zone issue, starting this thread.

Well, just cleaned my 'cat hairy' apartment...whew that was a workout!! And I have downed 10 cups of water....BIG mistake to try and drink it all at once....have not stopped 'peeing'!! lol Now to work on the treadmill to get my 3 points in!!! I am still trying to figure out what '3' different exercises to do for our weekend challenge!! Pilates is one...never did that type before....and I have a country western line dance DVD that I have not tried...so that will be #2, but sort of stuck on #3...but I will think of something....I have a couple (well actually more than a 'couple' exercise DVD's I have never done before.....)...am thinking about it!!! I was thinking about 'running up and down ' the stairs in my building...but then, I would probably have a heart attack in the process......or slip and fall and break a hip, or neck so have ruled that out!!! if I was still in AZ I could have found that herd of javelina's and have them run after me!! lol

Everyone have a super duper day!!!!

Nancy....in the land of the sand!!! And it is still 111 F outside!!!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Very excited today that I didn't give in to my rumbling hunger yesterday and kept my point!

Nancy, I just did a YouTube search for exercises (I'm looking at chair and aqua stuff), and there are so many fun things to try!
    Chair Dancing! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UYjPqbb5Io

Or Chair Tai Chi! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpa0HbVIIE

I'm going to dig around a bit and choose three that are fun!

Off to therapy this morning, then I have another afternoon with Skippy McGrape. If it rains, we're going to a movie and I'll be sneaking in my Orville smartpop. If it shines, I'm pretty sure we'll be in the Lake again.

Karen
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Here's one by Jim Carey that's perfect!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWkPRSE-W4
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Work has just been so exhausting and busy this week. I'm taking 10 minutes right now because I just finished 3 things on my to-do list and I need to breathe and relax before jumping into the next pile.

Gym last night was a mixed bag. I successfully completed all my lifting, but not without a major blunder. In the middle of my third set of squats, I did something stupid and looked down to check my form (trying to make sure my knees weren't past my toes). When I tried to look up again, I fell backwards. The rack caught the bar, but I managed to hit my head on it as I fell on my butt. The fall was only a few inches, but the back of my head is nice and tender today and I feel it every time I take a step :\ The good news is that I got back up and redid that set, and completed the last 2 sets without any issues. I won't make that mistake again!

I have no clue what to do for 2 of 3 new exercises. Maybe I'll try swimming at the gym? And... hmmm. No clue.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Good morning all! Work has just been so exhausting and busy this week. I'm taking 10 minutes right now because I just finished 3 things on my to-do list and I need to breathe and relax before jumping into the next pile.

Gym last night was a mixed bag. I successfully completed all my lifting, but not without a major blunder. In the middle of my third set of squats, I did something stupid and looked down to check my form (trying to make sure my knees weren't past my toes). When I tried to look up again, I fell backwards. The rack caught the bar, but I managed to hit my head on it as I fell on my butt. The fall was only a few inches, but the back of my head is nice and tender today and I feel it every time I take a step :\ The good news is that I got back up and redid that set, and completed the last 2 sets without any issues. I won't make that mistake again!

I have no clue what to do for 2 of 3 new exercises. Maybe I'll try swimming at the gym? And... hmmm. No clue.

Prancercise, baby!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am kind of excited for the new exercise challenge this weekend. I haven't even looked yet but that is going to be part of the fun. Considering I am somewhat of an exercise virigin it shouldn't be too difficult. Yoga tonight. Now THIS I am nervous about. The one and only time I tried it was a Bob Harper DVD in my living room when I was 400lbs and I had to get on one knee and I promptly fell over and said Hell no, this is NOT for me. Now I am going to attempt it again in a room full of strangers...what was I thinking? Its like being bucked off a horse and not wanting to get back on. I swear to Zod, it better not be one of those Hot Yoga places either. I will turn around and walk right out.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    OMG Karne, that Char Dancing video is hilarious. I'm sorry I couldn't do it, i wouldn't be able to stop laughing. But it's good to know people that Percy have an outlet.

Having a good day, drinking water far beyond the goal, but I do that most days, and had a long and wonderful 21.66 mile ride, so I have both my points and given the workout, calories aren't going to be an issue.
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Pat, 21.66 miles?!?! That's wonderful! It seems like just yesterday you were just starting out on your bike rides!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Apparently Aliens have performed some kind of mind control on me because I had every intention of going off program today (Skippy McGrape treated me to the How To Train Your Dragon 2 movie at one of those dine while you watch theaters (Smitty's)) and I figured I'd just give up my calories point, but I actually stayed in my calorie range, didn't scarf down any sweets or popcorn, and swam some extra laps. So, yes, another 3 point day. I hardly recognize this reasonable person I am becoming!

Actually, this week has been remarkable for me, and I can only attribute this to staying away from sugar, getting lots of exercise, and enjoying my time with the kiddos. I'm also really looking forward to the Exercise Challenge. Can't wait to hear what you all choose. If you haven't tried tai chi, put that on your list. The health benefits are supposed to be extraordinary! I've done aqua tai chi but never chair tai chi, so I'm going to try the latter on Saturday.

Good therapy this morning too. I'm working on better self care (not being a "co-dependent minimizer," which basically entails worrying too much about other people's problems and minimizing my own). Poor self care is a huge trigger for me for binge eating--I would get so worn down taking care of everybody else, depleted, then stuff myself with food to feel better. Now I'm learning to set better boundaries.

Heather, how was yoga??? Norah, how's the noggin? Can you believe you're getting sports injuries now? And Pat, biking 21 miles... that's amazing!

Hope everyone else had a great day and earned their points!
    K.
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Ha! My head is a bit better. I don't feel pain every time I take a step anymore, but it's still very tender to the touch (even laying on a pillow hurts!).

Had a great step day today -- over 25,000. Ben getting a fitbit has been great. I walk home from work, go to the gym, and then go for another walk with him! It's easier to do more when someone else is with you.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I am amazed a reading everyone's posts!! You are all so motivating!! Pat on the bike, Heather how was the yoga? (I had the same issues....there is a move called 'standing tree' or somehting or other like that....you stand on one foot and the other is suppose to be on your opposite knee, and I would topple over like a tree that had been cut down!!, but I evenutally got it ....you will do great!!! Norah....great work with the weights...sorry about your noggin'! Hope it is better now!! Karen...you are having an amazing week!! Great job in the lake and with the therapist!!! So happy those kids are keeping you moving!!! Keep at it folks!! Great workouts!!

Karen I am going to go to you tube and google those exercises!! I just may throw in a prancerize (in the privacy of my home only) !!! lol

Cheers All
    Nancy
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi all, late check in. Today was a very busy day with lots of running around. While I was out and about my Fitbit battery died so I got cheated on my number of steps today. I hate when that happens. I know I had to at least get close to my steps goal but will never know for positive. After I got home, I went for a quick swim and did some water aerobics with a friend.

Karen, I've been looking on YouTube for exercises but haven't been able to find anything. I'm not real familiar with YouTube so that's probably why. I'll have to check a couple of your links out to see if they interest me.

Heather, how did the Yoga go? I'd be too chicken to try it.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Dee, if you go to youtube.com and type "10 minute workout" in the search bar, a whole bunch of options will pop up.

You can try Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies, Disco Edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAwuhvhLPU

Or Belly Dance for beginners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWkPMUrYhIU

Or the Bollywood Dance Workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXMXUjX5wCM

And my new favorite, "fat people can't do yoga" (wait until you see this morbidly obese women flipping her legs over her head and proving how wrong this statement is): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpx-6jElo0&list=PL8EjS7-nlRBf-aVxG64KP24L2LhO4bbeS&index=3

There are just so many options! Dee, you don't have to sign up for or subscribe to anything. Just search around, find a video that looks interesting, click play. It doesn't even download onto your computer.

I think I'm going to do a kid's exercise video too and have Skippy come over for a workout. :happy:

Off to bed now... I decided not to take my food point after doing some snacking. Total calories for the day were 2300, and supposedly I got 1400 calories worth of exercise today which, added to my regular 1400, is 2800, but I'd guess my exercise was really worth about half that. That may be splitting hairs, but I can rationalize just about anything, so I want to keep a firmer grip on just how loose I want to play the calorie game. I did okay but could have made some better choices or added more exercise to make up for what I didn't do. If I don't take the point, tomorrow I'll be more careful.

Not sure whether or not I'll weigh in. I know I'm losing, I can see and feel the difference in just a week, and I'd rather not know the exact number just yet. If my loss is too low, I get discouraged. If it's too high, I'll justify a cheat day. Dee, like you, I broke up with my scale. And I don't know how soon we'll be getting together again, LOL. :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Karen
  • KarenZen
    Options
    >>>> if I was still in AZ I could have found that herd of javelina's and have them run after me!! lol <<<<

Oh Nancy, you could film this for YouTube and make your own exercise video!!!
    LOL!!!

I'm thinking I need to do a Bigfoot Exercise Video.

K.
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi yall! Sorry for the late check-in, it's been a busy brain day. It's so exciting to read all of your posts! It keeps me motivated for the next day. I got to go to Planet Fitness today, and rode the stationary bike for the first time (well first time as a super obese woman) and absolutely loved it. I will be going twice a week for a while then hope to up that as soon as my body will allow. I too can't wait for the new exercise challenge. It's a bit difficult because there's only so much I can do, but I don't rule anything out I just try to modify it. For instance, I found a Yoga video a while back by Abby Lentz called Heavyweight Yoga 2, and I absolutely love it. I haven't done it for about two weeks, and have to get back to it cause it helped my mobility so very much. I can only do the positions that are on the floor so far, but can't wait to start the standing up ones. Oh btw, I actually made a video of me doing it for my youtube channel. It's sped up because of copyright, but you may be able to get some ideas:

Yall are doing amazing!! I'm so excited for weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting any loss so that I will be excited about any that does happen. I'm trying to stay focused on staying consistent, and making sure I get all of my challenge points each day. I look forward to reading yall's posts tomorrow! Blessings yall! ;)
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee,

I did a post on yoga videos a while ago that I think you responded to, it has a walk through for a yoga routine if your looking for something to try: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1294968-yoga-first-workout

On the way to free movie in the park tonight we picked up pizza, thankfully we went to a place that lets you order by the slice so I could just get one (big) slice. If not I could have eaten all three peoples slices easily. It was tasty and even with an its-it for a treat I never went over my calorie goal, even before the bike ride. So a good day all around and a nice night watching the Lego Movie.
  • blondageh
    Options
    I treed! I downward dogged, I planked! I did it all! The only thing I wasnt able to do was a fulm on push up, but it was great! I felt the burn!
  • blondageh
    Options
    The coolest thing about going to this class is it has opened up all sorts of doors for me. Broken down a wall or barrier of sorts. I now am dying to go to Zumba, I have a lady sending me info on Piyo classes. I want to go to something every night! My biggest challenge is convincing my husband to let me. I may have just gotten addicted.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder Patrick and for all the suggestions Karen! I know I'll find something now, lol.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    t. For instance, I found a Yoga video a while back by Abby Lentz called Heavyweight Yoga 2, and I absolutely love it. I haven't done it for about two weeks, and have to get back to it cause it helped my mobility so very much. I can only do the positions that are on the floor so far, but can't wait to start the standing up ones. Oh btw, I actually made a video of me doing it for my youtube channel. It's sped up because of copyright, but you may be able to get some ideas:

Good video! Great job. I am so glad you mentioned that the video was 'sped up' coz for a minute there I thought you were breathing and moving too fast for yoga! LOL....I see you are recording your journey!! Great idea!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

Nancy