Prenatal Fitness DVDs

Options
bigmamabird
bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
I just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant with baby #4!!

I've very excited, but with three other little ones running around, I find it hard to squeeze in exercise, so I rely a lot on DVDs that I can do at home. I would love to hear any recommendations you might have for Prenatal Exercise DVDs.

And as a side question, how do you log it when you do a video? Do you just create your own item in the database? How do you estimate how many calories you have burned?

Thanks a bunch! I'm looking forward to spending the next couple months with this group!

Replies

• katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How exciting. I'm nearly 28 weeks with our first, and we couldn't be more excited.

I kept up with my regular workout DVDs until about 22/23 weeks. The prenatal DVDs I've gotten are Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project, Sara Haley's Expecting More workout, Body by Trimester, and Yoga for Pregnancy, Labor, and Birth. They are all good in their own way. Sara Haley's is the best cardio workout and the most fun. The yoga one is awesome for stretching, strengthening, and deep breathing.

I have a heart rate monitor that I wear to help me estimate calories burned, and then I enter in a new exercise. Without a HRM, it's hard for me to estimate. Good luck!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I enjoyed Buff Moms To Be (40min DVD) and Denise Austin prenatal (free on YouTube). Also 10 mins prenatal Pilates on YouTube.

I did not like Jazzersize prenatal (60mins!) or Erin O'Brien prenatal DVD.

I've been renting prenatal DVDs from my local library & going on YouTube. I using just out it under low impact cardio. I've never worn a HRM so all I've ever done is guesstimate.
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats mama!! You definitely have your hands full :laugh:

I really like my Summer Sanders prenatal video. I used it last pregnancy too.

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Sanders-Prenatal-Workout/dp/B001VC995S