Honey

Options
Yakelmeyer
Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
Hi,

What's your opinion of honey? Currently, I don't consume the bee products, but I'm considering incorporating them and would love other people's opinions of why you do and don't do honey.

Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Replies

• JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I don't generally consume honey, but I do keep some on hand for medicinal purposes, when my kids have scraped knees, or a burn, or a sore throat.
  • amaira515
    amaira515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat honey because I suffer from really bad sinus issues. I buy from a local keeper who I know has a lot of love and respect for their bees and has been raising them for years. They make sure before the harvest that the bees have produced plenty for themselves and they let the bees do what they would normally do, no artificial insemination of the queen or anything. The local unfiltered honey and pollen is the only thing I have found that helps my allergies.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me personally, it's easy to avoid and there are many alternatives for the variety of applications honey is used for, though some consider it a natural remedy for a variety of ailments. I've found that people using it for anything other than taste rely solely on anecdotal evidence, assumptions, hearsay, or pseudo-science. If anyone can point more towards a good research article on the benefits, please share!
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Side note: not to say it is not helping the people who previously commented! I just haven't experienced the benefits personally or found very good evidence to use it.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't use honey because bees are crushed to death when honey is gathered. and, hives are transported to northern states for the summer months and returned south for the winter--bees that are not inside the hives when the hives are picked up are left behind to die in the cold.