stalled weight loss for about 7 month now

Options
dorkof82
dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
I need help, I've been low carb for about 2 years now and was going great until January. I cheated while in Disneyland like I do from time to time and normally I gain some weight and then I get it back off relatively quickly- not this time. I wasn't able to get it off. I'm up about 17 lbs. since the new year and just cant seem to get it back off. every time I think I've figured out the problem, the weight comes back on and I'm back to square one. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong :( any suggestions/help would be appreciated

I consume 15 cups of water or more a day, Walk 15,000 steps or more per day, consume 20-25 net carbs each day, I aim for fat 70% - protein 20% and carbs 10% and while I don't come in exact, i come pretty close. my calories come in at around 12-1500 net.

Replies

• Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

I am having a similar problem except I know what the problem is. I am eating too much and not the right foods. It started with my trip to disney in May. I came back I weighed 10lbs more, lost the 10lbs within about a week and a half, went back off low carb for 2 weeks gained the 10lbs (again) and then started low carb and went on vacation, I can't seem to get it off this time. I'm under a lot of stress, so I'm reaching for foods I shouldn't, even a small treat here and there adds up.

So I have to go back to the basics. I have to do all the things I did when I first started. Eat more fat, and stay focused. Are you eating enough?
  • dorkof82
    Options
    I made my diary public, I may have figured out the problem- I think I was eating too many calories... I dropped my cals yesterday and had a loss today. Keeping my cals low again today to see where I end up.
  • dorkof82
    Options
    Should also meantion I am not eating back my exercise cals as of yesterday too
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, looks like a good place to start.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Have you used this calculator?

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

I found it pretty helpful
  • dorkof82
    Options
    Well, had another loss. I'm going to assume these aren't just coincidences in timing and say that calories was definitely my problem.

I hadn't used that keto calculator, that was pretty fun to play with just now :) it wants me to increase my cals a little, from what I've started doing so I may gradually increase a little
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Maybe too many calories, but also could be too much exercise with too little fuel. What are your stats?
    Height, weight, age.....and have you been to the doctor for a full blood work up?

ETA: Do you track sodium? could you have become sensitive to it? Also, I notice you eat a fair amount of low carb bread, but the second ingredient is vital wheat gluten in those products. Do you suspect a gluten sensitivity?
  • dorkof82
    Options
    32, 5'7, 180 - I just had my blood redone in June, I have hashimoto's and am on meds- the blood work suggested my thyroid has gotten a little worse than the last time it was checked but my doc hasn't increased my dosage . I do track sodium and some days it's a little higher than the "recommended daily value" but not by much and it's certainly not higher than what I was doing all last year and was losing great during that time. tonight I'm increasing my cals a little to get where that keto calculator said to go. I have no idea if I'm sensitive to gluten