Food Friday 7/25 - What Are You Eating?

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
Check in today! Exercise, Water, How it's going today, and FOOD. :)
ImportantChart_3_zpsab197f25.png

Also, as I hinted to before, we are going to start learning about vitamins and minerals. We count calories but being biological systems we need more than just random kcals - we need specific nutrients to help. Friday is the perfect day to look at this, because as the kick off to the weekend it is the best day to forget about just what we are eating!

Vitamins_zps85bc3d49.png

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    Breakfast was 1 egg scrambled and 1 piece of bacon. Plus 1 multi vitamin (it's a 2 pill service to get the full vitamin, so I'll take the other one later)

Snack was a fiber one bar.

Lunch is planned to be whatever-they-feed-me-at-work... but it turns out I didn't get the take a day off memo everyone else got, so might become scavenge if I choose to leave prior to lunch.

Dinner is unplanned at the moment.

Right now I'm still tired. Our new house smells of cat - trying to find a carpet cleaning company in a small town is ridiculous. No one seems to be able to steam clean. :( Going to buy a whole bunch of lovely chemicals and find a way to get rid of whatever is in the carpet as I do not want to replace the carpeting.
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Luck Charms w/2% milk
    Lunch and Dinner-Unplanned
    Snacks-grapes and starburst

Not off to the best start today... Hoping to pick it up throughout the day.

I am planning to go to Zumba tonight. Tonight's class is great because thr instructor incorporates weights! It's always a hard workout but I have so much fun!!!

Hoping everyone has an awesome day!!!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    13Strong, I had two cats awhile back. I used white vinegar to take out cat urine. Worked better than the stuff I bought at the pet store!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Today was a much, much better day for me! I went kayaking with friends this morning for two hours. That was an extremely pleasant way to burn a lot of calories!

Meals weren't bad - the only negative was that I went over my cholesterol, but normally I'm way under, so I'm not going to worry about it. I had to play catch-up with my water, since I spilled most of the water I took in the kayak, but I ended up in pretty decent shape.

After dinner, I went out and emptied my car (rolling storage unit), vacuumed out months worth of dog hair, dirt, and who knows what else, followed by a good cleaning of my console. I worked up more of a sweat doing that than I did kayaking!

I'm trying to work on getting more potassium, since I NEVER get enough of that. I'm also trying to cut back on sugar. That's probably going to be my goal for next week.
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - cereal with blueberries

Lunch - black bean soup with turkey sausage and Skinny Cow Ice Cream bar with salted pretzel caramel (160 calories and my current obsession)

Snack - fat free yogurt with oats & honey granola bar

Dinner - grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes and chili lime corn on the cob (yum)

I am within my calorie goals but over a bit on fat and sugar. My focus has been on moving more. Once that is more habitual, I will tweak my diet
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I had yogurt with granola and blueberries for breakfast, caramel macchiato (nonfat milk) for snack, mc double and some fries for lunch (ugh) and the kids are making dinner, steaks and veggies.

I worked out in the yard for a few hours and got almost 10,000 steps , no walking or running today, no 30 DS for me. I also put my tent together to check it and took it down and I went to menards to buy play sand, 6 bags and filled a sandbox for my grandson!!! Very busy day for me! 2 bloody Mary's n I'm done. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I counted every item I ate today. The best part of my day was not eating all my dinner. We went to Culvers after a whole lot of shopping for cleaning items (and white vinegar- thanks Queendebor). I counted everything as if I would have eaten it, so while I went over - I know I didn't go over as much as it says so that's a great feeling.

As normal, I'm exhausted. It was great to leave work after lunch. They served burgers or tenderloins, chips, and cookies. I had 1 chicken tenderloin, special k ships, and a cookie. Dinner I had a melt, small fries, ice tea, and a mini custard. I purposely asked for small fries, and I didn't eat all my fries or all the mini custard.

It's a great accomplishment that I ordered a mini! I have a hard time speaking up and ordering smalls or mini - I feel like someone will tease me for "being on a diet" or make a comment. I'm use to eating with a lot of guys at work where eating and being able to eat a lot is the pride thing and diets are just fads or thought poorly of. I'm not on a particular diet though - I just want to have a balance.
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Breakfast :Toasted bagel with butter
    Lunch: 1 piece of pizza and cheese bread. Our office moved today and that was our thank you.
    Dinner: A chicken shwarma sandwich and a few curly fries.

Kayaked 4.5 miles today and walked the dog for 40 minutes.

I was under my calorie goals today, Though I did go over my fat and sodium (Probably could of lived without curly fries!) Fridays tend to be my worst days food-wise, but I'm generally very active on Fridays (Kickboxing nights are Monday and Friday, but it was cancelled today) so it tends to work itself out,
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    13 - I try to order kids' sizes for desserts, especially ice cream. I've gotten over feeling silly asking.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I had a huge Brazilian lunch for my one real meal of the day. Rice, beans, collard green salad, farofa, fish stew, brazilian cheese bread with pumpkin coconut compote, a little pasta with olive oil and parsley, and chocolate cake with flan. Just snacked a little otherwise. Watermelon, some tortilla chips. I walked for an hour and I'm about to do a 45 minute workout to burn off the excess calories.
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options
    Breakfast was a protein drink

Lunch was a lean cuisine herb chicken with broccoli and red potatoes

Dinner was lean cuisine pep pizza bread

Desert was ice cream

Walked .75 miles. Usually we walk a mile and a half, but wasn't able to walk this morning. Too busy.

Not the best eating day but not awful and better than my last Friday. :)
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Holly - I'm hoping to get to that point! :)

kms2072 - Glad to see your posts! And I'm glad you had a better friday!

riirii93 - the Brazilian lunch sounds good. I have not had farofa, is that made into a type of bread?