Having a hard time eating enough.

Options
MissMamaAndrea
MissMamaAndrea Posts: 99 Member
I am on a very strict fodmap/allergy diet. So i can't eat any gluten, oats, eggs, dairy except butter and hard cheese anything made with soy, corn syrup, pecans, cranberries and the list goes on and on. I want to do eat more to weigh less but I'm having a hard time consuming the volume of food it takes to follow reach tdee even minus 15%. I don't want my metabolism to slow down because the lack of calorie consumed. I haven't always followed such a ridged diet and that is why I am over weight. I miss bread haha! I'm not sure what to do any thoughts?

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That is really hard having to have such a restrictive diet. The only suggestion I might make would be to try to find the most calorie-dense foods you are able to eat... Other than the pecans, can you eat other nuts? seeds? avocado?
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thats tough! Focus on what you can eat, make good choices of those items that have protein and fiber. Other than eggs, Most of what you listed, that you can't eat, I can eat, but don't want to! This can still work for you.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Fodmap free veggies with butter. Fatty meat. What are you eating for starches? Can you have squash? Is there anything you can eat that you can fry in coconut oil? What about high fat dips like homemade pesto or homemade dressings?
  • butterbear1980
    Options
    Fodmap free veggies with butter. Fatty meat. What are you eating for starches? Can you have squash? Is there anything you can eat that you can fry in coconut oil? What about high fat dips like homemade pesto or homemade dressings?
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    I can have walnuts but no avocado tear* I love avocado. I'm almost thinking i should take shots of olive and coconut oils?
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    thank you! I never thought i would be in the position but i'll figure it out :happy:
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    I do eat butter, olive oil, coconut oil. Starch I have rice winter squash and potatoes. and I love me some vegetables!!! I do eat meat but not a huge fan .
  • butterbear1980
    Options
    Okay the starches + fat = adequate calories! Pan-fried hashbrowns, oven baked winter squash with sage butter, and rice with pesto.....mmmmm....
    One of my children is on a restricted diet (scd) and all five of us follow scd to support him, although my husband and I eat chocolate when the kids aren't around :). I know it can be hard to get enough cals on a restricted diet, your macros may just need to be higher fat than others folks so you can meet your calorie needs.
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    Okay the starches + fat = adequate calories! Pan-fried hashbrowns, oven baked winter squash with sage butter, and rice with pesto.....mmmmm....
    One of my children is on a restricted diet (scd) and all five of us follow scd to support him, although my husband and I eat chocolate when the kids aren't around :). I know it can be hard to get enough cals on a restricted diet, your macros may just need to be higher fat than others folks so you can meet your calorie needs.

Thank you! this helps keep me motivated so i don't eat something I'll regret later