Mint Team Welcome!

Options
2»

Replies

• CriticLite
    CriticLite Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do they have a continential breakfast, or what are their eating options?
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/express/kettlebell-workout/
    Swimming is a great idea. I always forget about it. I work only a few blocks away from a YWCA and could very easily hit the pool after work. Thanks for the suggestion! I don't have any kettleballs myself but they would likely have some at the gym, or I could also buy some for at home. Do you have any suggestions on what I should get to start with or exercises to do with them?
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone so this week at the hotel I tried eating oatmeal (180 calories), greek yogurt (70 calories), and some days I had raisin bran. I think I did pretty good with my breakfast this week. I really need to find something that works for me because I stay in a hotel every other week. I've been thinking about just drinking protein shakes for breakfast. I'm sure I'll have a gain this week due to the fact that I always way first thing in the morning and I'm not going to be able to weigh myself until tomorrow evening :-( I didn't pack my scale.
  • CriticLite
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! Don't forget that today's the day to log your weight into the spreadsheet; if you would like, send me your info and I can get it entered for you.

How did everybody do with their water intake this week? I got in all of my water a few days of the week, but this is something that I really struggle with. I am most definitely going to carry this one over week after week as it is a necessity and I need to work on it!

WEEK 2 MINI CHALLENGE - GET AT LEAST 150 MINUTES OF EXERCISE THIS WEEK!

I came across this great page from the CDC on recommended activity levels for adults. Check it out!

http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html

How did everybody's week go overall? What will you do differently or stick with for the following weeks?
  • slenderizeme
    slenderizeme Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well this week but I plan on making the upcoming week better. I don't keep track of my water intake because drinking enough water has never been a problem for me. 150 minutes of exercise is a goal I will work towards though. I see you lost 2 pounds so far, criticlite. Congrats!
  • kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My week didn't go soo bad.. I hit my water intake goal all but one day.. I definitely could have done more workouts but I have this week's mini challenge to attack to meet that goal. I am also doing the mini challenge for this challenge with counting my steps, and boy did I realize how little I move.. For the upcoming weeks I'm going to try and get more steps in as well with getting more workouts in. Hopefully, I'll see a bigger movement with the scale next week.. We can do it!!
  • gigihotetz
    gigihotetz Posts: 36
    Options
    I didn't do so well. I didn't drink nearly enough water. I brought plenty of water to work with me, but it's been such a busy week that I didn't even drink it!! And then I was so exhausted, I just went home and ate. :( I did eat lots of fruits and veggies though in between! Hopefully I'll actually lose next week..
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Great job this week! I did good with my water which I normally do as I got into that habit about 6 months ago and now it's weird if I don't get enough water. I actually crave water now- ya'll will get there. I hope we keep up with all the great logging and keep the team in tact. Keep it up team!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Water weight off from the bloating of too many sodas...and I dropped weight again this week...thank goodness!!! Back at it this week with the water, and slowly working up to working out an hour a day since I hurt my back. Good luck everyone!!!
  • CriticLite
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Please don't forget to log your weight into the spreadsheet or if you would like, sent me your number and I will update it for you! Also, if you will not be around for your WI, let me know and I will repost your past WI into the current week so we don't lose you on our team!

So how did every body's week go with the exercise? I will be the first to admit that I couldn't get mine in. It is something that is always a challenge for me.

Week 3 mini challenge! RELAX - Take 30 minutes each day to do something for free your mind, be it reading a book, watching a movie, etc. just something you intentionally do for YOURSELF!

Have a great week everyone!
  • kmm8784
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I didn't do all that great this week. I didn't get the workouts in that I wanted to, but I didn't gain or lose, so I'm ook with that. Hopefully this week I can up my game a little bit and really get things going.. Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • slenderizeme
    Options
    I didn't do so well with the weigh in, but I did get in 165 minutes of exercise this week. I will have to keep up the exercise while lowering my food intake.
  • CriticLite
    Options
    Hello Mint Team!

How did everybody's week go? I haven't been doing well with tracking but I did manage a loss this week! Totally wasn't expecting that!
  • kmm8784
    Options
    My week was oook... I started the C25K program this week and I have to admit, I think I like it... I've never been a runner myself, but I can definitely see it in the future... I hope to be able to complete a 5k in a reasonable time.. we'll see.. other then that YAY to the mint team for making it to the top 5 this week.. Congrats everyone. Hope you all have another great week!!
  • slenderizeme
    Options
    I had a loss this week too which was a very nice surprise. Congrats team!