Hi, I'm new.

Options
I am really glad to have found a low carb group on here. I successfully lost 1.5 stone on the Atkins diet a few years ago, but sadly I gradually put it all back on again, plus some extra. I have been trying to lose it again but I don't have much success with diets which just count calories. So , I am back to counting carbs and feeling really positive about it. I have lost 5lbs in my first week and ketostix are showing I am in ketosis. I have 2 stone to lose. Wish me luck !

Replies

• thinpip
    thinpip Posts: 33
    Options
    Ps, my ticker is showing zero pounds lost because it is counting my start weight as the weight I was when I joined MFP years ago. I don't know if there is a way to fix that.
  • blaccoffee
    blaccoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had that same issue with my ticker until I went to this link ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home ). I still think its weird that MFP doesn't update this automatically when you change your weight/weight in.

Good luck :smile:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I had that same issue with my ticker until I went to this link ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home ). I still think its weird that MFP doesn't update this automatically when you change your weight/weight in.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks for this. I always wanted to set my start weight at my highest weight (not the weight I first entered when I joined MFP). Finally got to do it. Not that it matters a whole lot (difference works out to be 10 lbs (4.5 kg). Still, it reminds me of how far I've really come from my worst.

I've lost 30.7% of my highest weight. I've lost 31.6 kg (almost 70 lbs) from my heaviest. That blows my mind. I'm not a tall person. Plus, I have another 14-15 lbs to go... that means I was 85 lbs above a healthy weight. It also means I have demolished about 83% of the excess crap I carried around for years.
  • thinpip
    Options
    Wow ! Thanks for that ! I thought I would have to live with my ticker being way behind my actual weight loss. Now I can see that I have 6 lb to go to reach my half way stage ! That is just the sort of boost I need this morning ! Thanks again, chaps !
  • thinpip
    Options
    Oops, meant 10lb to go !
  • MaitaAtienzaDiaz
    MaitaAtienzaDiaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi thinpip. I'm new to the group too. I started low carbing two months ago and lost 12lbs and pushing to lose 30lbs more. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I'm happy to have found this group
  • thinpip
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Malta ! What an inspiring start ! You must be delighted with that !