Shoes?

Options
sleepyjen
sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
Hi all,

I just wear my Brooks Ghosts when I lift (I'm halfway through stage 5)---I bought them for walking and running and since I don't run anymore, they're my gym/walking sneakers. What do you all wear when you lift?

J.

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Just socks for the bigger lifts(DLs, Squats, etc). Just a regular cross trainer with a low profile or New Balance Minimus for the other exercises and HIIT.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I can't imagine going barefoot, though I hardly wear shoes outside of the gym :) Thanks for the input!
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Flat as all get out Nike cross trainers! Thinking about those foot shoes though, they look effective!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I ended up ordering some Reebok Cross Fit shoes off their outlet website for $30 with free shipping! They came today so I'll give them a try on Wednesday. :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I picked up a pair of flat trainers a while back from a clearance store. My size is incredibly difficult to get, and they cost me a grand total of... $7 :wink: :laugh: I :heart: them.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I lifted in my new shoes today and it was great! I felt much more stable.
  • gnl30
    gnl30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting in my Vibram Fivefinger shoes (bought on clearance for cheap), Last time I did this program I used cross trainers but when I started this week again I noticed my form is a lot better in the barefoot sneakers.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Chuck Taylor shoes