Exercise Log , Calories and TDEE

Options
maryjosie77
maryjosie77 Posts: 2 Member
Should I add my exercise in the exercise area and how does this affect the net calories (i.e. TDEE) on the "My Home" page I've eaten my TDEE calories today but did lots of intense deep house cleaning. After I've added this activity to the exercise section, I'm now allowed 300. Is this true?

Or does the activity added when I calculated my BMR/TDEE already take this vigorous house cleaning in consideration?

Replies

• Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryjosie77! Your exercise calories are already figured into your TDEE number, so you would not eat them back. If you would like to log your exercise in MFP, then one option is manually change the amount to "1" calorie so that it doesn't add the calories to your TDEE total.

Now if that vigorous housecleaning is something that you feel is in addition to what your normal activity is, then yes, you can go ahead and eat some or all of those calories. You'll probably be good and hungry after all that cleaning too! :) The main point is that if you have an occasional higher activity day, you may need to eat some calories back to avoid going under your BMR.

Hope this helps answer your question!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryjosie77! Your exercise calories are already figured into your TDEE number, so you would not eat them back. If you would like to log your exercise in MFP, then one option is manually change the amount to "1" calorie so that it doesn't add the calories to your TDEE total.

Now if that vigorous housecleaning is something that you feel is in addition to what your normal activity is, then yes, you can go ahead and eat some or all of those calories. You'll probably be good and hungry after all that cleaning too! :) The main point is that if you have an occasional higher activity day, you may need to eat some calories back to avoid going under your BMR.

Hope this helps answer your question!

Yep^^^ Your exercise is already factored into your TDEE, you generally you would not eat back those exercise calories (unless you have a much bigger than normal burn day...) I find it easiest to enter my exercise on MFP, but then change the calories burned to "1". That way MFP won't mess with your daily calorie and macro goals....
  • maryjosie77
    maryjosie77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jennbecca33 and AnitraSoto. That's just what I thought. :)