5 foot 9 ladies!!!!!

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
Hey,

Calling all 5 ft 9 ladies like myself.................

Just wondering what your stats are?? How much do you weigh? How much have you lost so far?

And what are your goals....

Do you want to lose more weight? Tone up? Build muscle? Lose fat? etc

I would say I am around 147lbs at the moment (Or maybe even a bit more), I try not to get too hung up on the scales these days!
I have built a lot of muscle, but now I want to be a bit smaller, so I am going to aim for the cardio for the next couple of weeks.

My body does like to be around 140lbs, which I think is a good healthy weight for our height.

Progress pictures are good if you have any!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 but close enough :)

I'm currently 172lbs, aiming for 145.

I've never been lower than 150, so we will see.

When i get more into lifting, I will consider more my shape and measurements, not so much my scale weight, so who knows where I will end up.

My goal is to be lean and fit looking, not skinny. So whatever number that puts me at, i'm fine.
  • auntifer
    auntifer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'9 1/2" and am currently 157. I am aiming for 145 but haven't been that light in many many years. Still I'm on a good path right now so that is my goal. I'd like to get toned- right now I am not... I struggle with weights and have relied mainly on cardio.... Might have to mix it up to get to my goal...
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm right in the middle of all of you pretty ladies. I'm 5'10" & currently 155-160 lbs. Started at 235 lbs and got to 152 lbs. losing 83 lbs - 45 while on MFP. That was a bit on the thinner side for me. Since I have increased strength training, built a bit more muscle & have been maintaining for 1 1/2+ years now. Always looking to tone, build muscle & lower body fat. Focusing on core strength. Some pics on here and in profile. Feel free to add for support and motivation. Keep up the great work :drinker:
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm 5''11 and trying to shed lots of weight atm. Ultimate goal to go down to 143 lbs. Good luck everyone!
  • thathilla
    thathilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SW/HW: 171 (late September 2013)
    CW: 163 (same since December 2013)
    GW: 150

My goals are a 27-minute 5K and to finish a 10K. I also want to start lifting.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Booo I guess they deactivated my response in a similar thread to this and disabled all photos! I'll post again, so apologies if you've already seen them...

Hello! I am 5'9" (and some change) tall. I started at around 177 or possibly higher. I'm around 150 right now (I think, need to weigh in because it's been a while), but have been as low as 145. Aiming for 140 but more importantly, my goal is to lower my inches!

I lift, 3-5 days a week. Heavy lifts, at least as heavy as I can go. I'm not sure my "official" BFP, but when I average all the online calculators and different methods of finding yours out online via measurements, last I checked it was around 20.5%. It's probably slightly higher as online calculators can be inaccurate.

I also walk a lot as a part of my commute, at LEAST 40 mins per day. And if I ever do cardio at the gym, it's on the stairmaster or a fast paced walk on the treadmill at the highest incline possible. I occasionally go for a run outside but that's not enough to call it part of my routine.

Here are some pics from my journey:

One year after discovering MFP, after my initial weight-loss. Pre-getting into lifting.
    photo3copy-1.jpg

One month into heavy lifting
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

2 months into heavy lifting
    1000742_10200800884759134_1854987477_n.jpg

3 months into heavy lifting (August 2013)
    5.jpg

Most recent photo (July 2014)
    10518293_1501571150059931_364502784_n.jpg

Sorry they're not consistent in angle/lighting etc.; I should have taken better progress pictures along the way...these are just random photos taken over the course of the last few years.

Looking forward to seeing some of your progress pics!
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Booo I guess they deactivated my response in a similar thread to this and disabled all photos! I'll post again, so apologies if you've already seen them...

Hello! I am 5'9" (and some change) tall. I started at around 177 or possibly higher. I'm around 150 right now (I think, need to weigh in because it's been a while), but have been as low as 145. Aiming for 140 but more importantly, my goal is to lower my inches!

I lift, 3-5 days a week. Heavy lifts, at least as heavy as I can go. I'm not sure my "official" BFP, but when I average all the online calculators and different methods of finding yours out online via measurements, last I checked it was around 20.5%. It's probably slightly higher as online calculators can be inaccurate.

I also walk a lot as a part of my commute, at LEAST 40 mins per day. And if I ever do cardio at the gym, it's on the stairmaster or a fast paced walk on the treadmill at the highest incline possible. I occasionally go for a run outside but that's not enough to call it part of my routine.

Here are some pics from my journey:

One year after discovering MFP, after my initial weight-loss. Pre-getting into lifting.
    photo3copy-1.jpg

One month into heavy lifting
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

2 months into heavy lifting
    1000742_10200800884759134_1854987477_n.jpg

3 months into heavy lifting (August 2013)
    5.jpg

Most recent photo (July 2014)
    10518293_1501571150059931_364502784_n.jpg

Sorry they're not consistent in angle/lighting etc.; I should have taken better progress pictures along the way...these are just random photos taken over the course of the last few years.

Looking forward to seeing some of your progress pics!

Got to say that you are looking much, much better.
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'9" here. My highest weight was 277, and I lost 60 lbs over 3 years, but then this thing called "grad school" happened, and I put back on 40...and then another couple here and there. So it's going to be a long descent back to the 217, and then I've even further to go to a goal of, oh, let's say 180. Hell, just getting under 200 would be an amazing feat for me.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    5'11 here. Highest weight ever was 193 in 2010. Got down to 143 in 2012. I'm back up to 165. Now trying to get back to 157 and maintaining better. 143 was too small for me. And obviously, for the lifestyle I want to live at this time, it wasn't right for me. During the winter I'm a hermit, but in the spring/summer/fall I like to get out and go for 3-4 mile walks and stay moving. Right now I'm trying to get control of food. Then I'll work on moving more. Baby steps.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just found this group - love reading the posts from other tall ladies!
    -
    As far as goals, I'm looking to drop about 20 pounds but weight is fluid since I'm also working to add muscle. I'm 5'9" and joined MFP about a year after my 2nd daughter was born (so, a little more than a year ago). My goal is to finish losing that "baby weight" (can't really call it that anymore since she's almost two and a half - ha!). I had no problems at all dropping weight after our first daughter was born (natural delivery), but our second was a very unplanned C-section and recovery was hard - I just never got my exercise mojo back.

So, I joined MFP, joined a gym, and about 8 months ago started weight training. My current weight is 183, and I'm looking to get down to 160, but am actively working to add significant muscle mass, which is not simple while dropping fat, as i'm sure you all know. In addition to thinking tall women are fabulous (cause we are!) I think muscular women are really inspiring. With two young daughters, I want to be a positive example of a tall and strong woman. And my hubby's an ex collegiate athlete (and 6'3"), so our girls are likely to be pretty tall and will hopefully find a love of activities that make them happy.

Final goal (speaking of the hubby) - I'd like to move beyond just "going to the gym" together and step it up so we can really weight train together. I've nearly doubled my bench press since starting (with just the bar...) and am targeting 100 pounds. I'd also like to get my squat over 200 pounds.

OK... so I have lots of goals! Great to read about all of yours :smile:
  • GoGoGo_Girl
    Options
    5'9" here.... back on the healthy wagon now that the holidays are over....
  • egiggy73
    egiggy73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'9" athlete. ex runner 273 lbs. 100 lbs more than my track running days. Would love to be sub 200. Very slow metabolism, my fitbit says i burn 3000 cal a day. can that be right? My goal this year is 365 days of workouts, even if it is only walking, need to get out. Feel free to join me on mfp or fitbit! I'm 5 for 5 so far :)
  • pamelaeroark
    pamelaeroark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and a former gymnast. I try to work out at least 3-4 times per week. I feel and look my best when I weigh around 140 lbs. In the last two years, I've struggled with toning my waist and stomach. I got remarried last year, and when I met my husband I weighed 140 lbs. and wore a size 4. I am currently wearing a size 8 in jeans and weigh 160 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. so I can fit into the other half of my wardrobe. My husband has NOT been a good motivator for me! He enjoys eating, and so now I eat when he eats! :# My goal is to watch my portion intake, and work out more often.
  • dbradyphd
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'9" and have been working my way down from 277. My goal is 170, but anything less than 200 and I feel pretty good. I'm working on my doctorate in addition to working full time, so that consumes a lot of my time, but it can't be an excuse anymore. I did this once before in my 20's, (274 to 184). But after a couple of years maintaining, I started putting on the weight again. It was hard to keep a routine once I moved in with my now husband. Feel free to add me, I keep my diary open to friends. I could use the support, especially when the semester gets stressful!
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'9" and currently at 215 lbs and 18W. I started at 225 and my first goal is 180 and a size 14 or small 16. I haven't been smaller than a size 14 and 174 lbs as an adult, and I felt too skinny and at that size. I love having curves...I just don't want rolls. I'm fluid on my weight goal. I just want to feel comfortable and be a healthy role model for my daughters. I have an autoimmune disorder which makes basic daily things exhausting and daunting. I find I do a lot better when I eat healthy and exercise moderately.
  • violetpolish
    violetpolish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    rialucia82 wrote: »
    5'9" here. My highest weight was 277, and I lost 60 lbs over 3 years, but then this thing called "grad school" happened, and I put back on 40...and then another couple here and there. So it's going to be a long descent back to the 217, and then I've even further to go to a goal of, oh, let's say 180. Hell, just getting under 200 would be an amazing feat for me.

Right there with you. I'm 5'10" and I'm at the highest I've been in my life, 226 - judging from everyone's pictures I am a lot older than most of you too. At 54, post menopausal, and in a sedentary job, it's an uphill battle. When I was young I stayed mostly in the 130-140 range (although tall, I'm not really "thick" per se, any weight I carried when I was thin was in my belly). Over the years the weight has creeped on little by little. Got up to a high of 205 about 7 years ago, was shocked and horrified to see I went over 200 and lost about 20 pounds pretty quickly. Maintained at about 180 for a couple of years, but then over the last few years life has just gotten out of control and here I am at 226. Today is the first day I'm back at it. My short term goal is to see 199 again. So easy to put on, not so easy to take off. Glad to "meet" other tall ladies - doesn't look like this forum is super active but still nice to see how people who aren't naturally teeny tiny are taking off the weight.
  • Igoligirl
    Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    zetsubou wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    I'm 5''11 and trying to shed lots of weight atm. Ultimate goal to go down to 143 lbs. Good luck everyone!

Hey girls. I'm 5'10 and also looking to lose a lot. My goal is 185, it's where I feel best. Would love some support and ideas for healthy eating and toning! :)