Swimming Smart Phone apps

Options
Laurochka
Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
Hey all,

I was just chatting to a fellow swimmer friend of mine who uses a fun app by Speedo, to track how far she's been swimming.
I have an android smartphone and don't plan on turning Apple anytime soon so I was looking for recommendations.
I love a gimmick and would find some kind of tracker swimming app quite motivating and fun.
I just wondered do any of you out there use any? Feedback/recommendations welcome :)
Thanks
Lx

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    In to see the responses - Android here also.........
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't know about apps but I track my swims on the uk site www.swimming.org - there is a section here where you set yourself a challenge i.e. swimming the length of the Thames where you track your distances on a swim by swim basis.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I track my swims on the Masters Swimming Canada site.
    37km approximately since I started tracking in June.

I think Runtastic and a few other apps available on Android can track as well. Do a manual entry and change the activity.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I found this one and am going to try it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hammersoft.swimming.coach&hl=en

I also saw this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danoware.android.myswimmingtimes&hl=en

If anybody wants to be MFP swimming buddies, I'm open to friend requests. I'm a beginner but eager to learn and improve.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'll send you a friend request.

I used to use speedo too, I have an iPhone, but then it stopped working so I haven't for a while. I would be interested in either an app or a website where you can track but also where you can do challenges with friends etc. I do this with running on nike+ which I really enjoy but am yet to find anything similar for swimming.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I didn't end up using the app. When it came down to it, I didn't want to leave my smartphone unguarded at the Y. Or have water sloshing over it, even if it's supposedly waterproof up to a certain depth. So I did counting, and a little timing, but boy was that a lot of numbers. lol I'm still eyeing the Garmin Swim watch.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I didn't end up using the app. When it came down to it, I didn't want to leave my smartphone unguarded at the Y. Or have water sloshing over it, even if it's supposedly waterproof up to a certain depth. So I did counting, and a little timing, but boy was that a lot of numbers. lol I'm still eyeing the Garmin Swim watch.

I have a Garmin Swim watch and I love it!
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a swim watch on my Christmas wish list . . .but seeing as i just got a kayak, might need to save my pennies for that! I lose count all the time . . .
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hmm - I might look at garmin swim watches too :)
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options

I have a Garmin Swim watch and I love it!

do you know minimum length of pool for watch to work please?
    sure i read 15 m min.

back on topic, have speedo app on work ipad. but no android version yet.disgracefull imo.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    sure i read 15 m min.

17 meters/18 yards.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    sure i read 15 m min.

17 meters/18 yards.

thanks.
    will finish out my membership this month and go in search of a longer pool.