I Need Support

Options
mereforlife
mereforlife Posts: 6 Member
Hello Ladies,
I'm writing because I really, really need support. I'm on day 7. First week has been going great. I even noticed 2 lb drop on my scale. Today took son bowling with a friend, went out to lunch and when I typed in my chicken finger platter for my lunches I realized I had taken in over 1,000 calories at lunch. First thing I do, start to binge eat at home---feel myself sabotaging those 2 lbs. Only 5 pm and still have to get through the day. Support would be really, really appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• QueenBee2226
    QueenBee2226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group. So glad your here! I know your pain. When we go out to eat we don't realize just how many calories are in what we are eating. If you know where you are going to eat when your out, check the calorie count first. Most places have their menu online and you can select your meal prior to going and then look up the calorie count and be sure it is ok and in your daily eating plan for your total calorie count. Just because you ate a lunch that had more calories than you thought you don't have to binge after when you get home. So what if you messed up on one meal don't throw it all away for that! You deserve better for yourself. Eat light at dinner, choose a salad, or eat a package of oatmeal 100 calories and its filling. Don't worry we all blow it sometimes, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water...it just is not worth it! You are trying otherwise you would not be in our group and watching your calories. Give yourself credit for even checking and caring about the calories your eating. Sometimes we try to do it all at once, watching what we eat and exercising to get to lower number on the scale. IT TAKES TIME, DEDICATION, AND WILL POWER. One bad lunch...SO WHAT! Move on and make tomorrow better. We all learn from our mistakes and others learn from them too! I am so glad you posted now we all can check out our choices when we eat out and know the meals calorie count. So you ate too many calories for lunch but in turn you probably saved at least one of us in the group from doing the same thing. SO, I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WITH OUR GROUP. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND NEVER GIVE UP..... :flowerforyou:
  • mereforlife
    Options
    I just want to say thank you so much for responding---it was just what I needed to hear. It was one bad lunch, and you are right---one learning experience that will help me in the future when I go out to eat. Just read a quote today that I think is so great: "Live in your strength." I can do this! Thanks for your support and for starting the group! I really appreciate that you responded!!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have blown a whole day before and said I'll start over tomorrow, but DON'T DO THAT, you'll just end up feeling worse. Use this as a learning lesson. I totally agree with QueenBee, it is really good to get in the habit of planning what you are going to eat before you eat it, then you have a much better chance at achieving your goals!

Thanks for sharing, and you can do this, we can do this!
  • mereforlife
    Options
    Thank you WordWhimsy!
  • I posted in one of our threads about a binge last night:(
    I just have to dust myself off and recommit. Never give up on our goals to manage our slip ups.

I am glad you are here. We can talk it out and move forward.

H
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days late replying to this thread, but man, have I been in your shoes more times than I can count!!! One bad choice sends me on an "I don't care" binge for some unknown reason. I hate it! But part of this journey is to learn how to change our habits for the better and that is one habit I aim to change, too! One bad choice should have me saying, "Oops! Time to get back on track." Maybe try to get in an extra workout that week to counteract it. Or maybe just acknowledge it and move on - treating mid-afternoon as a "fresh start" instead of the next morning. I hope you recovered ok and have been back on track since then!
  • Not sure if any of you have ever read the Thin Commandments? It is also on iTunes I believe.

It has some pretty interesting stuff to say about how we over eat. Especially the "Oh heck I all ready blew it. may as well keep going" mentality ( so guilty!)