Current favorite workout song?

Options

Replies

• opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    When I'm running, my power song is "Boys with Girlfriends" by Meiko.

I have no idea why. :huh:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Determined by Mudvayne! !!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have everything from Metallica to Joe Nichols to Pitbull. I just added Ain't It fun by Paramore and I love running to it.

PS - I am that girl that is dancing while she runs........... my neighbors think I am crazy
  • DenaC3
    DenaC3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I listen to all kinds of music, but what I find that keeps me motivated the most is hip hop. Not the general, fun club type stuff but the angry push yourself music. A typical workout playlist contains a lot of DMX and Eminem, artists like that. I believe, Till I Collapse by Eminem has to be the one that really kicks me into high gear during a workout. I did however, recently add Turn Down for What to the list.

Pandora's "Hip Hop Workout" list has some great stuff on it as well. I'll flip it on if I get tired of the ipod rotation.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Bulls on Parade is one of my fav workout songs, as is anything by RATM.

I also like Control by Puddle of Mudd, anything by Queen, Disturbed, Godsmack. For a change I mix it up with SexyBack by JT, Low by FloRida, Decode by Paramore.
  • jaimepass01
    jaimepass01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Now that definitely works for a playlist. sing and move. sing and move. like!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    So I totally did not realize that Pandora has a Cardio station. O.o I need to check that out for realz.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    NKOTB - Remix (I Like The) from their most recent album "10"
    Glitch Mob - Our Demons
    In This Moment - *kitten*
    Rammstein - Du Hast
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a long playlist but the one song I must always have is...
    Smack my ***** Up by Prodigy
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I recently found out that "Danger Zone" from Top Gun by Kenny Loggins is a great song for me to play when I run. I logged my fastest mile ever while listening to that song.
  • joewalker79
    Options
    Don't have a specific song really but I tend to listen to metal or punk when I pick things up and put them down.
  • Amcgorry
    Options
    If you dislike rap- stop reading... But I do have a better suggestion than free pandora app- it's Songza and they play 1 commercial up front and that's all you hear for hours- until you switch stations. You can also skip 5 songs on each station. I love it! Anyway-my stations on there are 'happy pop' / 'today's clu bangers' / 'vodka escapades' / and others like 'country crossovers' 'cardio hip hop'.

Current fav song for running=
    0-100 drake
    Still d.r.e - dr dre
    Any beyonce

I like acoustic guitar for lifting

Push-ups/pull up work out- need something 180bpm to get a rythym. (Btw there's a '180bmp' station on Songza too!)
  • somewhereinwesteros
    Options
    Mainly a mix of The Sounds, Shakira and Britney Spears (nostalgia yo!).
  • Hezakaaboo
    Options
    I prefer Spotify. I have a cardio mix and a lifting mix. I'm always looking for songs to add. I added a bunch of viking metal songs to my lifting mix.

One of my favorites at the moment is I'm Only Joking by Kongos.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I just heard Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars and think it i going to get added to my playlist!
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love discussions like this, great inspiration for somgs to add I'm bored with my current play list, And who knew there was such a thing as Viking metal!
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just added "Bang Bang - Jessie J. et all" and "Animals - Maroon 5" to my playlist (actually, it's called the KickAss Mix, haha!).
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a favorite workout song. I'm in the mood for something different everyday, but it's hard to go wrong with some upbeat hip-hop or some electronic/house/dance music. There are even times when I'll throw on a podcast while I'm working out because I'm just weird like that.
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @dirtyflirty30‌ Jessie J's "Bang Bang" is such a catchy song... that entire album gets stuck in my head for days on end
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Kanye and Jay Z!!! Ooooh man they make me improve my non existent rap game while feeling the burn!