Challenges

Options
succeedin2
succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
My challenge is lowering my carbs and getting enough food any ideas?

Replies

• ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting to lower carbs keep selecting proteins and vegetable foods. Hard boiled eggs are excellent, and you have given me so many vegie ideas.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The only way to lower your carbs is to consume nutrient dense plant foods. Lose the grains or just incorporate 1-2 servings.
    For fruit, maybe eat tart fruit like green apples, green grapes, and mixed berries instead of the sweet fruit that are most enjoyable :-)

I'm doing Intermittent Fasting. My challenge is eating enough calories in an 8hr window.
    I fast for 16 hrs ( includes sleep) and eat within an 8hr window...difficult to do. Not enough time to get my calories and macros in especially when consuming less grain type foods. I will try to do a 14/10 instead of a 16/8 which will give me a 14 hr fast with a 10 hr eating window.

Being that I am doing Insanity I have to up my carbs of which I am afraid to do...but hey....I can't knock something until I try it.
  • ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My challenge is cutting way down on the simple sugars. I need to limit my sugars to total fruits and cut the desserts down to like once a week or two.

Thanks for inviting me to the challenge. I am very limited in exercise lately due to needing physical therapy for my knees and so I'll be faithful to my strengthening therapy exercises and limiting to 15 minute walks a few times a day. So I won't be able to follow exercise ideas but I am really motivated to clean up my food plan to be a gazillion times healthier than I have been doing lately. I am excited because there is so much we can do to be healthier!
  • succeedin2
    Options
    Great ideas thanks so much!
  • succeedin2
    Options
    It looks like you have a great plan!
  • succeedin2
    Options
    Ladies, I don't see how we can not be successful!
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to regain the discipline I had last year and the confidence that went with it!
  • MzKym1981
    MzKym1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to belive in myself!!! I know I can do this!!! I got to have strong will power tho...I refuse to give up!!!:wink:
  • succeedin2
    Options
    My lovely friends we have this thing down! We did not just join yesterday think about it we are role models at this point we set an example for others how would it look if we did not stay on our game and someone who started yesterday showed us it could be done? We have come too far and I know we ALL love clothes and to look good and more important to feel good!!!! My daughter Whitney will tell you she felt she was unsure of herself but guess what? She just started back just a few months ago and has lost 60lbs with two kids, one car, limited finances and a husband that works nights! She is not letting anyone or anything stop her. God gives us the POWER!!!!!