O.K. Checked Out The Competion...

Options
djcangel
djcangel Posts: 800 Member
I was invited to join another 50+ women's group, and I have also replied to several people on general topics about our group!

Guess What Girls...The other site is filling up fast, but, after reading all of the posts...we here have a lot more, compassion, helpful advise, one on one communication and non-superior attitudes, than anything I have seen elsewhere. Now , please do not think me a dissatisfied member of our group, as I was only trying to seek out others that we could help, and support, and befriend...oh but I have learned that the serious minded people out there...will find us. So I no longer will troll the posts and seek to offer our special friendship...we are here...let them come to us. Not that I still won't care, but I have learned my lesson, more members does not mean more caring and sharing. I am also not down grading any other group, more power to them, and I wish them the best. But as for me, I now...LOVE our close knit group...and think that we shall endure, where no group has before....Maybe not, but didn't that sound good? Point being, I'm done trolling...50+ with 50 or more to lose...is where I belong. And Where I am Happy! dj

Replies

• DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :heart: :tongue: We love you too! lol
  • djcangel
    Options
    P.S. I just logged in my first 20 minutes on the elliptical, did not walk today, sore back from yesterday, but elliptical did not seem to bother me...I will try to at least put in 1 1/2 mile walk in the morning and try my best to keep up my 20 minute total time on my great new elliptical. I so appreciate all of my friends here, bless all of you! :smile: dj
  • djcangel
    Options
    @Sandy....:blushing: :love: :flowerforyou: THANKS!!!
  • thin4me59
    thin4me59 Posts: 73
    Options
    Love this group! Love the helpful, insightful comments! We may be small, but we are strong and there for each other, through good times and bad! Hum - sounds like we are getting married. :love: :laugh:
  • djcangel
    Options
    I got mad at myself tonight, for not getting up this morning and doing my walk, so I put on my big girl pants tonight and went for a 1 &1/2 mile walk. Set my alarm for 5:45 a.m. and will at least do 1 and 1/2 miles in the morning. I really saw myself in the mirror today, and all I saw was stomach and butt. I should sleep well after the exercise, and I wish you all a very special weekend. Thank you, ALL for being in this group, I kind of feel like I kick started it, because I was lonely. Now I am happy...hope you all are going to have a great time this weekend...look forward to hearing from you soon! dj
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also have been in 2 different Ultimate Challenges with MFP. They seem to just want you to check in with:
    Did you exercise 20 min?
    Did you log in everything you ate and drank?
    Did you stay within your budget?
    What is your weight.
    They really don't have the conversations and caring that I have found with this group. I love this group and have found it the best!
    I am so glad that I joined! I love the conversations and the people. You are all so much like me.
    We tried to play tennis yesterday. First it was too hot at 1. Then we tried at 8 and the flies and mosquitoes were out and bugged us. So we probably only got 1/2 hr each time plus clean up of the red court.
    Today I had to force myself but managed to do Cardio Party and walk the dog twice.
    No weight change this week. Definitely need to drink lots more water and watch the calories more. Only 2 months until I go on vacation and I would love to lose 20 pounds. Don't know if I can. I would really have to be a good girl. Time is ticking away so I guess there is no time like the present.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hey Lydia, Yep, I am kind of in love with this little awesome group too. One of them I checked out was SO BIG, that the replies were all one liners and kind of seemed impersonal to me. I too wanted the more personal conversations, and the support. Sorry about your tennis woes. I got my hopes high for you to make your goal of -20 by your vaca. Best of luck! dj.
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have been busy, but am very satisfied with this group. Support without ridicule!
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree about this group! I have tried many. None have worked for me. Most have been upsetting! I read how judgmental some of the people were to others and I thought it was horrible. Support should not be so ugly. I love you people here!
    I am struggling with this each and every day (as all of you are) and I like to come here to read about your days, events, families, etc.
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ ALL OF US...WE ROCK...LOL...:smile::laugh: :happy:
  • pennyione60
    pennyione60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site and fitness pal. I want to lose weight and get healther. I have alot of health things going on so it is hard to exercise.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hello Pennyione, Welcome, please feel free to share your story with us. We have all gathered at this place for the same reason...do not feel alone. Checking in regularly and seeing that you are not so very different than us will help. Best of Luck on your new lifestyle!
    :flowerforyou: dj
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello Penny, and welcome