Fitbit

Options
goodtf
goodtf Posts: 23 Member
Anyone out there riding while using their Fitbit? Had it on today (brand new) while riding , got unrealistic high numbers. Probably will not wear anymore when riding. I give lessons and walk continually during lessons....now THOSE numbers I will take!

Replies

• baby_valiant
    baby_valiant Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried to once and got some high numbers.

But I wear a heart rate monitor now (mostly because i have times and intervals programmed into it) So I just adjust according to my HRM rather than my fitbit!

(but I still love the motivation I get from my Fitbit!
  • Vec1091
    Vec1091 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wear mine during riding and you're right its crazy high! but it also monitors your heart rate so at the trot the numbers may not be as unrealistic as they appear. I went online to a calorie counter calculator/thing and typed in my stats and time spent trotting and the burns were surprisingly similar. Id so that and meet halfway with the fitbit.

best!

Victoria
  • goodtf
    goodtf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just got a heart rate monitor, just have to figure out best way to use it. Rode w/ it and fitbit and as expected, got different numbers.
  • oneuglyduck
    Options
    my trainer wears hers and takes the average. I don't have a fitbit myself
  • doIdaretoeatapeach
    doIdaretoeatapeach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Supposedly if you enter an activity on the fitbit site, it overrides (pun!) the steps for the period of time you were doing the other activity and replaces the step calorie burn with activity calorie burn. Somehow though, it doesn't look like that on my fitbit dashboard. It definitely adds the additional calories burned, but the steps don't disappear. If you feel like you're riding at a higher intensity level, you might want to enter the riding time separately anyway.

I haven't been riding much lately, and my mare's been a bit off when I have, so I've just done mostly walk work and a tiny bit of trot. I left the step calories and didn't log the riding time since it was not strenuous riding.