Weight goal?

Options
auroragr8t
auroragr8t Posts: 4 Member
I keep moving my weight goal down every time I hit my goal. it seems the healthy range for me at 6ft is quite vast and I can't decide where I should stop.

How and when did you decide to go into maintenance?

Is 147 at 6ft reasonable for me to hit? I wonder if my belly fat will finally be gone then. I am sitting at 158 right now and still losing - 160 had been my ultimate goal but I was disappointed that I still had a muffin top.

Replies

• melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think 147 is reasonable still. I have a lot of tall friends and am 5'9" myself. Right now I'm around 168 lbs and I'm working down to 140. My sister is an athlete at 5'10" and weighs 140 in season. I guess also stay aware that muscle weighs more than fat, so you might look thinner (ie no more muffin top) but weigh more if you change your body composition. Great job so far!
  • AlexisX01990
    Options
    I'm also 6'0" and I currently weigh 165 but I hide it well because like you said "muscle weighs more than fat". I don't really have a goal weight since I just want to maintain the weight that I am at right now. :smile:
  • beckathaa
    beckathaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 and my goal is 150. I was thinking of dropping it to 145 once I get to my first goal and assess if I really need to lose another 5lbs. I would look to stay within the healthy BMI range which for our height, which is 136 to 184 pounds. Although, in my opinion, anything under 140 seems way too skinny.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that when you start eating at maint, the scale may show a few more pounds as your glycogen stores get re-established.

I'm 5 10 and still have a ways to go before I have to decide my ultimate goal.

My thoughts though, are that there seems to be a 5-10 ld window where the lower weight is like a full time job to maintain. I think I'd rather be a healthy weight and happy staying there, than having to work at it every day.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 11" and currently weigh 216lbs... I was 180lbs 11 years ago and felt pretty good at this weight but I've gradually put weight on since then (I got married, settled down etc haha). At 180lbs I still felt like a few more pounds down would have been better. So this time around I'm aiming for 155lbs, possibly 145lbs, but I'll decide when I get there. I've still got a bit to go, but I hope to be close to my goal by the end of the year :wink:
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11" and when I got down to 147 my periods stopped even though that still leaves me as a normal BMI. It very much depends on your build as well as your height and your amount of body fat. Might be worth finding an objective friend to give you an honest opinion.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11" and when I got down to 147 my periods stopped even though that still leaves me as a normal BMI. It very much depends on your build as well as your height and your amount of body fat. Might be worth finding an objective friend to give you an honest opinion.

I have a large frame (7" wrist), so 145lbs may be too low for me. I don't want to look too skinny or have missed periods/health concerns. To be honest anything below 178lbs would be great because at 178lbs I will enter healthy/normal BMI.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is 149, although I may reevaluate as I get closer (as it, I may raise OR lower my goal). My ticker is set to 149 lbs.
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your frame size. Are you small, medium or large framed? I'm 5'10" and large framed. If I went back to 140, I'd look too skinny. I'm aiming for around 160 total, but I'm doing this in stages.

SW 230
    CW 219
    GW 200 for now
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type. I'm 6'2" & started at 200lbs which looks pretty normal for me (people still call me skinny lol) But I carry all my extra weight on my lower half. My goal is probably 180-ish because I was 160 out of high school & I was way too thin. I would like to be stronger & actually be able to run & hike & all that, so I figure what I lose in fat, I may gain some back in muscle lol.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1, and honestly, I don't have a goal weight. I'll stop when I feel comfortable with my proportions. I weigh myself now as a form of measuring my progress, but I haven't really thought of a UGW (I've set my goal in mfp to be 80kg/175lb just as something to track). I'm planning to start lifting soon, so all that muscle mass is going to keep the scale higher anyway.
  • Natataliee
    Natataliee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and anywhere below 150 in the past has felt very thin. I think I have a medium build. I'm aiming for around 155
  • Angilam4
    Angilam4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10.5". My goal is similar to others. My main goal is 150. Then 145. I was much smaller (125-135) before I had kids but I feel like my best self in the 145-150 range..... 0nly 8 lbs away from my first goal.
  • mspattylo
    mspattylo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 with a Medium build. I've been 172 at my highest and 140 at my lowest. My current weight ranges from 158-162lbs, but my ideal weight is 150-156lbs.... Im currently 159 with a 23.4% body fat... so my real focus is my body fat and to keep that under 22% , so I am currently working on getting it down :)
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I'm going in stages. Right now, it's just getting to One-derland, and that's a long ways away. I'm 5'10" with a medium build, and for some reason, 175 sounds like a good end number, even though that's still considered just overweight. (I might use body fat % instead.) I've been somewhere north of 200 lbs for my entire adult life, and I honestly have no idea what it would be like to be at a normal weight.
  • JaeSky
    JaeSky Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and my 'goal' is 80kg (175lb?) but as other people have said, I think it's a very individual thing... I can't imagine being below that because it seems like a tiny number for someone who's always been varying degrees of weight, I feel as though I'd look too skinny below that. On the other hand my mum is only slightly shorter than me and looks wonderful at 65kg. I also know I want to build muscle as well, so I know that's going to change my goals when I'm closer to a healthy weight.

For now as long as I'm going in the right direction, I've decided to try and not worry about the end point too much!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 154lbs and I'm 5ft10. This was the lowest weight I remember being and looking slim but not ill. One site told me I should be 145lbs and that was way to low in my opinion.
  • frog8381
    frog8381 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1.5" and the thinnest I've been as an adult was 180. I looked pretty good at that weight, honestly, and don't think I'd want to go much lower. I have a small/medium frame, but am curvy.
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I guessed my goal weight. Honestly I don't care what the scale says. I just want to be fit and strong. So I'm adjusting as necessary during my weight loss.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My goal is somewhere around 160 pounds/73 kg (I'm 180 cm tall). I remember being quite happy there, not too big but also not "skinny". I have very skinny shoulders, calves and arms so when my weight gets too low I look like a stick, basically.. 73 kg should be good. Probably not too difficult to maintain either.