Weight goal?

Replies

• msladytfit84
    msladytfit84 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all. I'm 6'1 and proud. At my last weigh in, I was 155 (2 lb. gain after hitting the weights and the snacks too hard the week before). I have been overeating over the past month since then, so I am probably past the 160 mark. My ultimate goal is 140, so I have 20 lbs. to go...
  • CaliDollFace
    CaliDollFace Posts: 27 Member
    I'm 5'8", and my goal is 160.
  • rosebai21
    rosebai21 Posts: 5 Member
    It depends on your body, but to *me* that's low. With a smaller frame I was 147lbs and 5'10" (I've since shrunk.. boo) and was pretty darn thin then, needing a few places thickened up. But I also may have a distorted view of where healthy and thin meet, as I grew up around healthy but bigger people - at 6'6" my dad is a healthy 250lbs and used to be a healthy 280lbs in his college days, and my husband was unhealthy thin at 180lbs at 6'1" as examples. Heck I think my mom is too thin when she's at her ideal weight (125lbs and 5'7"). IMO, she needs to gain more muscle at the very least since she looks like she could break in half if my dad, brother, or husband hugged her too hard.

It's up to how you feel physically at that weight though. If you feel good, have enough energy, and are eating right then it's a good weight for you.
  • tallmamaoftwo
    tallmamaoftwo Posts: 9 Member
    I am 6'1" I am currently 194, I started at 215. My goal is around 170 ... I figure that is a healthy and achievable weight for me to maintain. I was that weight in my early 20's and was happy there, when I went below 165 my dr encouraged me to gain a little weight back as she felt I was getting too thin. I find that I have fairly large bone structure so that likely plays into it
  • classychica
    classychica Posts: 15 Member
    I am 6' tall. In high school and college, I went between 165-175 (muscle and large bones)- now I am at 187 and I would like to first get back to 175- then to 165. My lowest weight ever at this height was 155 (but I had mono) and that was years ago :) If I had it my way, it would be great to hit the 140's one day :)
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm aiming for 154lbs and I'm 5ft10. This was the lowest weight I remember being and looking slim but not ill. One site told me I should be 145lbs and that was way to low in my opinion.

I am the same height and would literally have to lose 100 lbs/45 kg to get there. I'm not saying that that's not a healthy weight for you because our frames could be very different. I just can't imagine that it would be a healthy weight for me. I've been overweight since about puberty, so I really have no solid idea of where I should be, but I suspect it's in the 175-185 range.
  • rlsmith326
    rlsmith326 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is around 175-180..... with my build any smaller than that and I look ill. Currently at 243.
  • VegFit72
    VegFit72 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm actually at a healthy weight but I want to get leaner. I'm a fitness instructor but it's just as hard for me to get lean as for anyone. I average around 155 lb and like the way I look better when under 150 (but it's very hard to maintain). I'm 5'10 and depending on which fat method I use it is between 16-22% I'm sure the higher number is more likely true.
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    I'm 5'11 and at my lowest I was 148 and looked sickly. Right now I'm aiming for 160, so 79 more to go.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    I'm 5'10"

The highest I've been is 290 (holy chipotle!)
    The lowest I've been is 156
    I am currently 170

I'm happiest between 158 and 164

I have lots of junk in my trunk (an excellent booty). I prefer to focus on strength, curves (small waist, big *kitten* is my favorite way to go), and what I am eating than a precise number. And just...fitting into all my favorite jeans right now, and having a flat-ish stomach that doesn't make my dresses look bad. You know...the usual :)
  • dcraven16
    dcraven16 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 5 11" and currently weigh 216lbs... I was 180lbs 11 years ago and felt pretty good at this weight but I've gradually put weight on since then (I got married, settled down etc haha). At 180lbs I still felt like a few more pounds down would have been better. So this time around I'm aiming for 155lbs, possibly 145lbs, but I'll decide when I get there. I've still got a bit to go, but I hope to be close to my goal by the end of the year :wink:

You're my twin! I am 6'0 and just hit 216, I'm hoping to get down to the 170 range by the time I start grad school in September; I remember being in the 70s and 80s and feeling pretty good about how I felt.
  • Makkie155
    Makkie155 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'10 and weigh 237. My goal is 155.
  • Sdanni64
    Sdanni64 Posts: 21 Member
    I am 5'10" and my weight goal is 154....currently at 169...getting closer :)
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    I'm 5'9 and my goal is between 170-175. I'm really curvy (bigger boobs and lower half). I've been in that weight range before and I felt really comfortable with that size. I currently weigh about 225 so I have about 50-55 lbs to lose. I'll see once I hit my goal if I want to lose more.
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am just starting myfitnesspal. I am 6'1". I weigh 220 now. I would say i am medium bone size, not small bones. Most of adult life I weighed 190 and I was a size 14. It was hard for me to go lower and maintain. Do you think I should try to reach lower? What should my ideal weight be?
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    Raizelchaya i would say a English size 12/14 would be perfect goal for your height... I'm 5f 9 and clothes 12/14 look like I'm in a healthy range but in reality I'm a few lbs off.. I was 215lbs (15 stone 5lbs) and now weigh 173 (12 stone 5lbs) my waist was 36inches now 31 inches and my goal is to have a 28 inch waist and a bust and and hips of 38inch.. I'm guessing that will bring my weight to 150lbs (10stone 5lbs) can't wait to get in my old jeans ;) oh I've got medium to big bones!!
  • raizelchaya
    Gunnerslove77 I didn't see that you replied. I looked at the top of the screen to see messages since I did comment in a few groups but there was no feedback message. I guess I have to look at the discussions to see if anyone answered me. I did a few times in another group but no one replied, which was discouraging. I was so happy to see you replied! It does help to know someone cares enough to reply.
  • raizelchaya
    I now weigh 207 and have been on this program for over 40 days. Actually I don't know if I started out at 220. It might have been 215, so I think I lost 8 pounds. It is not easy to do this but I am determined. Last night I felt down so I ate a high calorie food but today I was on track again. One day at a time. Since I am 6'1, losing 8 pounds is not visible on me. When I get to 15-16 maybe I will notice. I do feel much more in control of my life and I am happy that I am on the path. It is important to me health wise and for appearance.
  • ColieCanDo
    ColieCanDo Posts: 3 Member
    I am 6 ft tall and have a bigger build. I will never be below a size 8 even at my thinnest because my skeleton is just that way.
    My HW was 235 and I lost a lot and got to 145 and I looked sickly and and frail at that weight. I got to 165 and was thrilled at that weight.

Over the last 5 years I have gotten back to 204 lbs.
    I would love to get back to 175 at least if not 165.

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    I'm 5'11 and have my goal set at 165 lbs. It was my weight before my pregnancy and it was just normal healthy weight for me, I wasn't skinny and I wasn't big. So, aiming for that weight right now and then we'll see.