Having a hard time eating enough.

Options
MissMamaAndrea
MissMamaAndrea Posts: 99 Member
I am on a very strict fodmap/allergy diet. So i can't eat any gluten, oats, eggs, dairy except butter and hard cheese anything made with soy, corn syrup, pecans, cranberries and the list goes on and on. I want to do eat more to weigh less but I'm having a hard time consuming the volume of food it takes to follow reach tdee even minus 15%. I don't want my metabolism to slow down because the lack of calorie consumed. I haven't always followed such a ridged diet and that is why I am over weight. I miss bread haha! I'm not sure what to do any thoughts?

Replies

• patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    White potatoes are my big calorie booster now. I actually need to slow down weight loss so I'm thankful I seem to do fine with rice and white potatoes as I need the calories. Sweet potatoes are a big no no for me though.

What about brown or white rice or potatoes? Try to eat lots of fat. Coconut oil is a good healthy fat especially for cooking. Eat chicken with the skin on for extra calories. Mayo seems to be well tolerated, could make some tuna or chicken salad?
  • patioq
    patioq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I might catch some flack, but here are the facts.

Assume a 2000 calorie diet. So you drop to 1500 calories, assume your Metabolism drops by 15%, now your at 1700 calories, with a 200 calorie deficient.

Bottom, if your calorie intake is low enough to cause a metabolism drop, it will not drop enough to overcome your deficient.

Credit: Lyle McDonald.
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    White potatoes are my big calorie booster now. I actually need to slow down weight loss so I'm thankful I seem to do fine with rice and white potatoes as I need the calories. Sweet potatoes are a big no no for me though.

What about brown or white rice or potatoes? Try to eat lots of fat. Coconut oil is a good healthy fat especially for cooking. Eat chicken with the skin on for extra calories. Mayo seems to be well tolerated, could make some tuna or chicken salad?

Same here lots of potatoes, rice, butter and coconut oil
  • MissMamaAndrea
    Options
    I might catch some flack, but here are the facts.

Assume a 2000 calorie diet. So you drop to 1500 calories, assume your Metabolism drops by 15%, now your at 1700 calories, with a 200 calorie deficient.

Bottom, if your calorie intake is low enough to cause a metabolism drop, it will not drop enough to overcome your deficient.

Credit: Lyle McDonald.

That's a good point ... I didn't put this is my original post but I'm still breastfeeding my baby and so major reduced calories say under 1500 will also cause other issues for us e.g reduced supply. I'm dropping weight a little fast 7 lbs a week and I'm not sure if that's the restricted diet or from the metabolic spike that comes with BF? Anyways thanks for your thoughts!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in one week!
    Breast feeding accounts for 300 cals
    Are you less than 4 weeks postpartum- it could be fluid,