introduction - tw

Options
hi. this is my next step on what has been quite a long journey. I was born with cerebral palsy and began psychotherapy at 15. at age 16 I began transitioning from male to female. at age 20 I began developing prodromal psychosis and was sexually assaulted, but didn't grasp the assault until last year. on February 12 of this year, I was admitted to the New Orleans Institute for trauma based disorders at River Oaks Hospital Harahan. upon my arrival, my weight had dropped to 97 pounds. I was released in March and have made remarkable progress, both with my PTSD and my schizoaffective disorder. however, I'm still struggling to get back to a healthier weight. I'll be checking in, both to offer and to receive support. thank you for reading.

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sorry this forum is not very active.

Welcome to mfp. It sounds like you have had a tough life.

I'm glad you've been making progress with your PTSD and schitzoaffective disorder.

Best of luck with your weight gain.
  • chrissyjordan5
    Options
    it's cool. thank you for reaching out. I'm a nonfiction author. an easy life doesn't make good books. it is a life I call mine, so I'm content with it :) #radicalacceptance