2014 MFP TourDeFrance Challenge-Results Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had a great time with the challenge... it proved to be very challenging! I'm looking forward to next year!

-Pete
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well what can I say...

I really got in to the swing of this challenge, it's really pushed me and I've loved every minute of it! :happy:

I love taking pictures, so to be able to do this and getting to ride as well is just perfect! It's really great to see where everyone else rides, and their take on the world.

Well done everybody, and especially 'da' Management! :wink: :drinker:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    everyone who says "I'm looking forward to next year..." - you DO realise that there's still the Vuelta Challenge (same sort of thing as LeTour) in about 3 weeks time, don't you ? :laugh:

Not sure about running the MFP Worlds(21-28sep) this year - mainly because I hurt myself SOOOOOO bad doing a 10mile TT for the first time in 25 years for the 2013 version. But, I suppose I COULD be persuaded.

And there's still the curtain-dropper of the Classics Challenge to go yet - "La Foglia Morta" on the 5th October...
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm all in for the Vuelta!! :-)

Mark, please let us know what kind of arm twisting is required for the worlds and La Foglia :-)
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Mark, please let us know what kind of arm twisting is required for the worlds and La Foglia :-)

Foglia Morta has to happen... it's the culmination of the Classics Challenge that went on all spring...

for the worlds... it's all down to if I decide that the pain of actually doing a 10-Mile TT is something I actually want to do to myself anymore... Spent the following day and a half last year tasting blood at the back of my mouth while I hobbled around like a 90year old with 2 recent hip replacements. And Still only did a 27:22 :sick:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

Foglia Morta has to happen... it's the culmination of the Classics Challenge that went on all spring...

for the worlds... it's all down to if I decide that the pain of actually doing a 10-Mile TT is something I actually want to do to myself anymore... Spent the following day and a half last year tasting blood at the back of my mouth while I hobbled around like a 90year old with 2 recent hip replacements. And Still only did a 27:22 :sick:

LOL! :laugh: :laugh: I feel like that 90 year old with hip replacements most days. :smile: :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone for a great challenge. Especially Mark for keeping all the data going. That took a tremendous effort. I want to make sure everyone else from Frannybob to Jakes knows how they really helped everyone else do more than they would have normally. Great effort! Great inspiration! Great Challenge! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I unfortunately will be gone to a conference the last week of the Vuelta but if you have a team that can afford to lose a rider the last week and needs a filler, I'm in. It's the only conference I go to and I need it to keep my license. Otherwise I'd skip it for the Vuelta. :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Even the pros skip the last week of the vuelta sometimes... Usually they use the "preparing for the worlds" excuse rather than a conference, but I don't see a problem personally...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Even the pros skip the last week of the vuelta sometimes... Usually they use the "preparing for the worlds" excuse rather than a conference, but I don't see a problem personally...

Cool. Then count me in. :smile: :smile: