92ish days till Halloween.

Options
sydsquidlee
sydsquidlee Posts: 51 Member
Anyone else not super excited about this? Short term goal to feel better about myself and put on a good custom this year! Also to keep up with my kids trick or treating!

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    No trick or treating on this end....kids are all grown up BUT I have, however, always wanted to have a french maid costume!!:blushing:
  • vgates81
    vgates81 Posts: 15
    Options
    Well on Halloween I always get plenty of exercise because we walk the entire neighborhood.

If you usually drive your kids try hoofing it this year... and stay out of the candy. LOL
    OK that is so not happening, but here is my secret. I buy myself a dark chocolate bar to nibble.

If no kids well.. have fun giving candy or sealed individual drinks out.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    In my many years at WW's the trick they always say is to buy candy you don't like! I have no more little kids at home and just looked on the calendar and it falls on a Friday night...hmmmm movie and a healthy dinner instead of handing out candy? :smile:
  • SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a DJ so he almost always has a gig on Halloween, and parties to go to all Halloween weekend. Our friends have a tendency to go really over-the-top when it comes to costumes. I'm not sure how much weight I will have lost by then, but I know if I keep working out and eating well, I'll have more energy to get through all the festivities! Still trying to think up a costume. I don't have much to spend this year and my size is absolutely a complication, so I know I'm going to have to get really creative. Thanks for posting this thread - now I know I need to get thinking!
  • sydsquidlee
    Options
    My problem is I always end up with a a few parties, one of which is my annual Fall Bash, and there is so much food! It is hard to turn down finger foods. Who doesn't love pumpkin flavored things!
  • Mandrey072009
    Mandrey072009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow 92 days. I have always wanted to wear a "good looking" costume but have never felt confident NOR have ever found one my size! I would say fitting into a costume is defiantly a motivator. Even though I don't wear Halloween costumes most years - if I loose weight you bet ill be getting one this year. -haha

Keep it up everyone!
  • vgates81
    Options
    If throwing or going to a party why not bring along a healthy option or two? I'm sure we can come up with some Halloween recipes to share that are yummy but reasonable.

Carlsoda if giving out candy is too much of a temptation then yeah turn off the porch lights and watch a movie with a healthy dinner. ;)

I'm going to end up being the lady that gives out mini bottled waters someday lol.
  • SsetAdnama
    Options
    I'm totally wracking my brains for costume ideas now. Fortune Teller, maybe? Trying to find a costume that actually works with my size, instead of masking it. My profile pic is of the last costume I actually loved - 2 years ago and about 15lbs lighter. The Big Bad Wolf. I felt totally fierce in it, even at a plus size. Last year I was a flapper. Totally shapeless. Not right for me. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
  • vgates81
    Options
    Sset - What about a pirate wench? Corsets can flatter and one is expected to be busty and sassy. Your Fiance can be your captain. ;)
  • sydsquidlee
    Options
    I am making myself an Elsa (from Frozen) custom. I go over the top with customs. I think that feeling confident is a main motivator!
    Its hard to keep track of the calories because one finger food here a mini candy bar there really adds up through the evening!
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We walk with our kids so that helps and normally I end up carrying one home because he is too tired to keep up lol. My weakness is stealing my kiddos candy. All that YUMMY candy!!!! We gave out those flavored water Capri suns last year and it was a hit. A lot less calories then juice and they go on sale cheap every once in a while.

My favorite costume was from a few years ago was a German beer wench. It was so cute and came in a plus size. I wonder if I have lost enough to fit in to it? I might have to dig it out... maybe I will even loss enough before then so that it is to big!!! They do make some cute plus size costumes well way more then I remember when I was younger.
  • SsetAdnama
    Options
    Sset - What about a pirate wench? Corsets can flatter and one is expected to be busty and sassy. Your Fiance can be your captain. ;)

Great idea! I was thinking fortune teller, which is really similar construction, and I will take pirate wench into consideration since it would fit a couples costume. Looking for an underbust corset that won't break the bank, as my belly and hips are not proportionate to my bust. I've found that corsets that fit me around the middle require me to have more boobs than I have, so an underbust corset should avoid that problem altogether. Oh eBay, what a colossal time suck you have been today.
  • vgates81
    Options
    Haha. Well its worth the investment if you find one. You can use it other ways like... surprise your fiance one night. ;)

Find one that has boning if you can. It supports you better. Good luck!