Not taking in enough calories?

Options
aldeanancy
aldeanancy Posts: 6 Member
I am having a huge problem with my calorie intake! I am on day 19 of Insanity and I have been taking in 1500 since I have started the program. On my profile I noticed I have sedentary activity level selected so it recommends 1700 calories a day. I don't know if I am taking in too little calories. I haven't really weighed myself but I can tell I lost some inches. Its also hard for me because I am on a tight budget and buying healthy foods is expensive. I mean I try my best to eat well. I do tend to eat bread quite often though. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DominiqueRobinson28
    DominiqueRobinson28 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you eating white bread or wheat? White bread is so unhealthy for you. Before I started eating healthy I used to think that wheat bread sounded disgusting but it tastes good. I usually eat Honey Wheat or Plain wheat bread also isn't that good for you while your dieting either but its better than white bread. As a mom I completely understand where your coming from with your budget and having children who like the cookies and sweets. Having to shop for the whole house while trying to still buy food for you is difficult. Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive whenever you go shopping just make alterations to how you normally shop. Like buying wheat bread instead of white or swapping out juice for flavored water. You have to have discipline not to eat the foods that are going to make you regress on your diet. Whenever I was craving something sweet when I first started dieting I ate gum and you can get a box healthy snacks at the store that have 100 calories some of the brands are made by Kellogs and Nature Valley. Make you diet fun by trying out different recipes. You can go to www.foodwishes.com for some good recipes that are budget friendly. Weigh yourself once a week seeing results that your actually losing weight will give you motivation and if your not losing but doing everything right in your diet then you will know you have to switch up your routine. Don't weigh yourself everyday to keep yourself from getting discouraged. Once you start losing weight and seeing results you will want to eat healthy, get in better shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle you just have to get used to the change. The beginning is always the toughest just don't give up.
  • Neous
    Neous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry i don't have an answer, but I'm in the same situation whereby it's hard for me to get my 1860 which is my target according my goal but my true caloric intake should be 2400 according to P90X3 which i'm doing as a hybrid program with T25.
    I'm actually drinking a protein shake before bed to get close