Thank you, Thursday - 7/31: Last day of July 2014!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
It's the last day of July 2014. Time is one of those things we cannot control, cannot get back, cannot fast forward. Be Thankful for the here and now.

Check in: Food, Exercise, Water, Goals, and Gratefulness!
It's not just what gets thrown or given to us in life. What we do and how we think really does matter.

22_zps17cc7bc7.jpg

And as a reminder:

Exercise Goals :
Mere144,
Whitneyh83
Rcksiren21
NurseLisa2012
RachelWithoutAPaddle
Texasbeu2y
Kashaas
Queendebor
Kms2072

Food Goals:
Mere144
Shannishan05
NurseLisa2012
Texasbeu2y
Kashaas

Tracking Goals:
Mere144
13Strong
RckSiren21
Kashaas

Water Goals:
13Strong
Kimmy1020
Kashaas
Queendebor

Replies

• texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am thankful that I woke up this morning to see another day and to Live.
    As I stated yesterday, I am going to have a cheat meal today; my entire work unit is going out too eat to send someone off who is retiring. Other than that I will eat fruits and protein for the rest of the day.
    I am up getting ready to go to the gym, the goal this week is less cardio and that means 30-40 minutes for me lol, and more heavy lifting. I will definitely do that this morning.
    Lastly, I am thankful that you all keep me accountable, thank you!

Ps I made a doctor appointment for mid October. This means I will be Weighed!!! I never weigh myself because it gets me discouraged. I am a recovering scale junkie lol. This will add to the motivation to eat right. Last time I was weighed in March, after the holidays and my birthday and I ballooned back up to 188lbs from the 168lbs before Thanksgiving. I'm nervous.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's the last day of July 2014. Time is one of those things we cannot control, cannot get back, cannot fast forward. Be Thankful for the here and now.

It's not just what gets thrown or given to us in life. What we do and how we think really does matter.

22_zps17cc7bc7.jpg

And as a reminder:

Exercise Goals :
    Mere144,
    Whitneyh83
    Rcksiren21
    NurseLisa2012
    RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Texasbeu2y
    Kashaas
    Queendebor
    Kms2072

Food Goals:
    Mere144
    Shannishan05
    NurseLisa2012
    Texasbeu2y
    Kashaas

Tracking Goals:
    Mere144
    13Strong
    RckSiren21
    Kashaas

Water Goals:
    13Strong
    Kimmy1020
    Kashaas
    Queendebor

I've changed my caloric goal intake. I feel that my previous goal was doable, but felt it wasn't healthy for me...so let's see how this new goal goes.
    I spoke with a cancer patient yesterday, and I've been thinking about all of my patients I've come into contact with, and the people I work with, and my family (of course) and I am just soooo thankful and grateful for life. It's so short, and it's so wonderful! Why wouldn't I want to make it the best life to live? Which is also why I am working on losing weight and becoming a healthier, happier, confident Lisa I can be.

Exercise goal: I plan to get 30 minutes of cardio today, and start STRENGTH TRAINING ::dun dun duuuuun:: It's time I get rid of these fat arms, and gain some muscle and get into a smaller size scrub top!

Water goal: Man, I hit my goal like nothing yesterday. I will remain drinking at least ten 8oz of water.

texasbeu2y, yay for doctor appointments! I need to establish with a PCP already, and get all of my screenings done. I actually had one of the providers yell at me the other day at work because I said I hadn't been to a primary doctor in almost 3 years (that's actually pretty bad) so I'm going to start looking into finding a PCP.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for my family and friends because without them my life would be meaningless. So far this week is not going as planned. I think my knee is healed and feeling better so I should be back to running. I will wear the compression knee brace when I run and see how that goes. I'm not sure if I should hold off till next week or just jump right back in, guilt has me thinking I should run but I feel like I should hold out and let myself heal.

I'm starting out my day with a nonfat iced caramel macchiato. I'm so tired this morning after my adventure yesterday that I needed something to give me a pick up. Breakfast is going to be a yogurt and a pear, lunch evol frozen meal, dinner is yet to be planned. My daughter normally cooks dinner so I never know what we're having.

1st water bottle almost down. I'm back at the desk today, I'm starting to catch up from my vacation. Next week I have more office days so I hope I can get caught up soon. I'm off tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a little relaxing.
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the beautiful weather we've been having - uncharacteristically cool and low humidity for Maryland. It's allowed me to be outside and generally more active.

I've hit my tracking goals for sure - good information to have although trying not to feel discouraged. Nothing like seeing that I can eat between 1200-1500 calories (average of 1350) for a month and not lose a single pound. grrr. :explode: After I have my frustrated moment, I will use this information in a positive way going forward.

My trainer cancelled on me last night so I went for a walk instead. Glad to see the progress there because in the past I would have been like, "great! an extra hour to sit on the couch, snack and watch tv!" Otherwise I am hitting my fitness goals. Also proud I went to Orange Theory even though my hamstring is a little injured. I made modifications and still had a good workout.

I am thankful for the positive changes I am making by eating more reasonably and healthfully as well as working out consistently. I trust that over time the weight will begin to budge.
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kashaas - Do what's best for you. If it were me, I'd find a different exercise or just rest and let the knee heal, but I also am overly cautious at times.

Lisa - I was trying to figure out if we got someone new I missed, when I first saw your post! Good for you for changing your goal to be healthy! Sometimes I feel like we are pressured to do all or nothing at times.

Texas - Ashley, for some reason I really enjoy calling you just Texas. What do you do for strength exercises? Bodyweight or do you use machines?

Meredith - I'm surprised you didn't lose a pound! Did you see any inches change? I would suspect maybe you are gaining some muscle which is good but causes issues with tracking health via scale.

I'm thankful for my fiancé. I'm working about 50-70 hours a week right now and he's being nice and making dinner and breakfast. It's so strange being the one who works more, because when we were dating he was working these hours - but I guess what goes around, comes around. I'm also thankful that everyone posts here. I find myself doing much better with this group than I was doing on my own - I get inspired and motivated by everyone's posts! :) I actually think about people I don't see update for awhile..

Today is going pokey. I feel like the mornings are going much faster than they use to. I'm getting better at the 12-13 hour shifts, but I'm trying to stay way from some of the work I know is not my normal job. Being an introvert, 13 hours around a bunch of people has me half dead by the end of the day.

I did eat a good breakfast though (1 egg, 1 egg white beater egg, a little cheese, and 1 piece of bacon). I find that I get hungry at 10 and start opening my lunch grab something from it. Lunch today is 4oz chicken breast, a little rice, fiber one bar, an orange, and 2 fun-sized candy bars... which I maybe grabbed from the admin person this morning. Dinner tonight is probably a frozen meal.

No exercise planned, and trying to keep my goal of drinking water. Tracking calories is easy for me these days, it's nice to get that habit down pat. :)
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Food: I overate yesterday, but I'm sticking to a 1200 calorie diet. My surgery has been pushed back (again...) 2 more weeks so I have a lot more time beforehand. I had a few binge gays but overall stuck to it pretty well.

Exercise: My fitness goal was a 19:00 mile kayaking flatwater and I am pleased to say I am sitting at 19:32, which is not shabby at all! I am kayaking and hiking on saturday, Kickboxed on monday, AND ordered my heavy bag!

Water: Still sucking on water. Only getting like 18fl oz of water alone, more in lifewaters and teas and whatnot, but still not enough.

Gratefulness: I am VERY grateful for my health! I've been sick for a very long time and I'm slowly getting better!
  • krnorris28
    krnorris28 Posts: 12
    Options
    Food: I need to start eating more meals during the day. Work is so crazy I often only eat 2-3 times a day. My trainer keeps scolding me because I am starting to store the fat and it is impacting my weight loss. The yogurt that I have been eating has way too much sugar in it. I find that days when I eat it for breakfast are days I go over my sugar limits. As much as I love it, I think I need to make a change there. Maybe I can find another Greek yogurt that is just as good, but has less sugar.

Exercise: I am doing pretty well here. I am a part of a weight loss class that exercises Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I generally do a workout on my own Tuesdays and Saturday or Sunday. I would like to continue at least 5 days a week. That may change though since I start a 90 day weight loss challenge on Saturday. May have to bump the workouts up to 6 or 7 if I want to win!

Water: Drinking=great! Tracking=not so great. I need to do a better job of keeping track of my water intake.

Gratefulness: I am grateful for so many things. I have a beautiful baby boy who gets more amazing every day. My family has been very supportive of my push to improve my health. I am also grateful for a great boss who has my back and helps me off the proverbial ledge when things get overwhelming. I truly feel very blessed in my life right now.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do both body weight and machines; I also do free weights in the back where all the men are. I just look up how to use the machine or the correct form/technique on YouTube tutorials so that I know I am doing them right. 1 day I will do only free weights, 1 day I will use machines/cables, and another day I will do body weight. Some days I do all 3 :). I get in about 3 lifting sessions per week about 30 min. On weekends I can lift for an hour because I have time to do more exercises and don't have to rush. If you want to see the shape of your body change lifting is a must...of course start light but gradually increase your weight. It's advised that women lift heavy. No carrying around dumb elks that are lighter than your purse : I
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the app waterlogged? I downloaded it this week and I've been using it to track my water! It's pretty cool cuz you can setup your own size cup and even take a pic it to go on the app. I like it so far do I thought I'd share with you guys. Let me know what you think.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Food - Did very well today.

Exercise - What is that again? Ugh.

Water - Not enough today - 56 oz, but still better than last week.

Gratitude - I am grateful that my 84 year old dad is still alive, and that I'm only 2 hours away by car. I'm also grateful for his neighbor, Barb, who is keeping an eagle eye on him. Brought him dinner tonight, which he was very appreciative of.
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am thankful for my son and his encouragement to me! He is my life! I am grateful for the ability to be able to exercise and ride my bike because that's what I love (the cycling, not the exercising lol). I'm grateful that I woke up today, for the sun, and for my health.

Food: I did well with food this week.

Water: definitely drank plenty of water

Goal: Well, I did make it to the gym twice this week, but struggling with my dumb allergies and sinuses, I only rode the bike to help me prepare for my charity bike race on Saturday. We will be riding with and to support wounded vets! It will be an honor to ride side by side with these heroes and I am very thankful for them!

Next week is a new week!
  • kimmy1020
    kimmy1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Food wise, I thought today was going to be great. Breakfast was oatmeal, and yogurt. But then by lunch I ended up going out to eat, and then had pizza for dinner, and I had some ice cream later on. Not a very good eating day for me.
    Water, also didn't go too well for me today. We had to pick my boyfriends parents up from the airport today, and I kinda stopped drinking my water because it got warm after a bit. I remember having my 4 cups, but everything after that, I can't remember anything!
    Exercise was great. I walked 3 miles with my friend. When I came home I walked 3 miles with my boyfriend, so I torched a nice 600 calories to burn off all the bad food I had today! So overall, it balanced itself out.
    Greatfulness...I'm extremely thankful for my boyfriend. We had been living together for a couple of months, and today he went back home with his parents. Although I'm heartbroken and a bit lonely, I'm am so greatful for everyday we got to spend together. I'm greatful to have someone as wonderful as he is!