July 2014 Challenge!!

Options
LuluNH
LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
My personal challenge for July is to move well into the 160s. I plan to be at 165 for the end of July. What's your personal challenge going to be? Everyone is welcome to join!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My monthly goal is 10 pounds. I haven't made it yet, since January. I've been close, 8#, 7#, 6#. I want 10. I/m going to try very hard to keep my carbs low, low, low.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't really have a weight goal for any particular time period. I've found that I'm better off focusing on eating and exercising right; with the confidence that the weight will come off in my body's time if I do that and I won't behave in an unhealthy way just because of a goal. My personality is one that is likely to reach a goal no matter the cost. And sometimes that can be an extremely stupid thing to do.

For me, my goals are to drink at least a gallon of water a day; exercise at least 3 times a week, and sleep at least 6 hours a night.
  • NattieRose80
    NattieRose80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My July goal is 6lbs- 10lbs. I am a bit anxious due to a Vegas trip we have planned on the 10th but it is only 4 days, and I am sure there are a lot of Atkins choices. Plus the alcohol. So I will do my best to stay with vodka soda water and lemon.

Water is a huge one for me as well, I have not been drinking enough. I plan on drinking 64oz before the end of each work date and zumba 3-4 times a week.

We Got this!
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Start July 1st: 167
    Goal July 31st: 162

Shooting for 5 lbs. I would love to get down to 160 but seeing as though I'm on vacation for the month in N.H. I'm not sure that's doable. Gonna try my best to stay on track!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to and then stay below 145 for the entire month (SW: 148.5), including during the week long trip to my parents' house.

In addition, I want to get on my bike at least 3 times on the weekend and prepare for an organized bike ride in August.

Good to have goals!!!
  • VaporHero2
    VaporHero2 Posts: 24
    Options
    Two months into Atkins, 41lbs lost. Currently 276 and hoping to lose 20lbs this month. Gotta reach high right? Just wear knee pads incase you fall.
  • janacky
    janacky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    by the end of July, I target to lose at least 2kgs..I'm not new to Atkins, and this is my zillion time doing it but so far I couldn't even complete phase 1..quiet happy 2 see Atkins support group in myfitness pal..All the best to u guys, let us burn the fatttt :)
  • wwmoab
    wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Finally hit my June goal, one week into July. Committing to it hear helped!

For July, I would like to lose 9 lbs, focus on staying around 20 carbs, drinking water and getting at least 7 hrs sleep.

We're moving, changing jobs, and it's all very stressful---I have had more than a couple cocktails this month. I had my longest stretch of logging at MFP and then let it go while traveling. So that is my other goal---to keep logging even while traveling.

Here's to good habits in July!
  • christineellis
    Options
    In addition, I want to get on my bike at least 3 times on the weekend and prepare for an organized bike ride in August.

Good to have goals!!!

I rode my bike 30 miles on Sunday - primarily because I had this goal listed here! Thanks to all for your support.
  • christineellis
    Options
    Finally hit my June goal, one week into July. Committing to it hear helped!

Congrats to you!!! Keep up the good work.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My goal on July 31 is to be at 190.4 lbs. I am currently losing 1 lb a week and I am satisfied with that. I WILL be at my goal of 154 on April 11, 2015 at this rate (10 days before my birthday!!) I am really excited because I have decided this will be a lifestyle change. I wish I could be under 190 and who knows maybe I'll get there, but I'm not sweatin' it!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Just checking in...still fighting to break through 169 as usual standing in my own way.....but a view of maintenance....it would or could be so easy to veer off course!! Have to focus on the whole food aspect of Atkins that has made me the most successful but travel makes choices difficult.. Best wishes for an on-plan day, week, month!!
  • mspaty
    mspaty Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all!
    Thanks for posting. I would love to hear back from those that have been on the Atkins plan for a few months now.. I just started Induction last Saturday 7/19/14 and feel good. Don't plan to weigh in until the two weeks are up.
    I was wondering what you all do to satisfy the sweet tooth? I have sugar free jello but was wondering if there was something else I could have during induction?
    I am 5'1 140 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. Have a great Low carb weekend! :)
  • jmurphy2529
    jmurphy2529 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to feel better, stop "falling off" my healthy eating & to lose 10 lbs. by the start of the school year.
  • memelizzy
    Options
    This is July 31 and the end of the July 2014 Challenge and since I took the challenge here's my results:

My SW for July: 195.4
    GW was: 190.4
    My CW for July 31: 188.0
    Pounds lost: 7.4

I'm happy with that! :wink:
  • rlsy76
    rlsy76 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I just joined today and was reading through this thread, wondering how you all did for the month.

Congratulations!!!
  • Metcalf1690
    Metcalf1690 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NICE!!! :smile:
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Memelizzy - Congratulations!!!! Great progress for July!!

I ended July where I started which is maintaining....I thought I would be at goal by this time but I am ok with maintaining....everyone I know has re-gained from when we started last year...what's different for me...logging food and exercise...I know I need to lower my carbs to make progress and get to goal.....same story as always...I'm standing in my own way!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • memelizzy
    Options
    Thanks all! I've already set my goal for August - 184.0 of course. I think I will have an easier time if I set my goals at 1 lb a week. I don't have any upcoming events that I want to lose ? amount of weight for, so I just plug along at 1 lb a week and if I lose more, I am thrilled! :tongue:
  • rlsy76
    rlsy76 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not sure how to start a thread, and I haven't seen a challenge started for August. Is there one? I'd like to join it if so!

Thanks!